GDT: Flames at Wild: March 3

Trae

Calgary
What was the comment? Anyone?

He quoted Cammy saying "who knows, this could be my last supper", or something along the lines of that in regard to a player dinner I believe yesterday, seems like it was meant to be off record and Millions tweeted it and then took it down.

I wish I seen the intermission interview, I missed it! Wonder if its online anywhere.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He quoted Cammy saying "who knows, this could be my last supper", or something along the lines of that in regard to a player dinner I believe yesterday, seems like it was meant to be off record and Millions tweeted it and then took it down.

I wish I seen the intermission interview, I missed it! Wonder if its online anywhere.

Then Cammy replied "Who knows Rog, maybe it will be my last supper". To which Millions tweeted a public apology.

Honestly you didn't miss much. It just appeared as though Cammy didn't want to be doing the interview and he seemed tense. I hope Millions is embarrassed, he should be and he needs to learn when to publicly close his mouth.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Then Cammy replied "Who knows Rog, maybe it will be my last supper". To which Millions tweeted a public apology.

Honestly you didn't miss much. It just appeared as though Cammy didn't want to be doing the interview and he seemed tense. I hope Millions is embarrassed, he should be and he needs to learn when to publicly close his mouth.

Again, if he was Jason Botchford, he'd be proud of what he'd done.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
hopefully they run Byron-Monahan-Granlund for a bit now that Jones is out of the RW rotation

Byron was a little buzzsaw tonight. gave no crap lol so fun to watch

Trae

Calgary
hopefully they run Byron-Monahan-Granlund for a bit now that Jones is out of the RW rotation

Yeah I enjoyed Byron's play tonight! I gotta be honest, when we traded Regehr for Butler and him I honestly didn't think Butler would last long nor would Byron ever play an NHL game. Still don't like the trade but Butler is a serviceable guy and Byron cracks me up.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah I enjoyed Byron's play tonight! I gotta be honest, when we traded Regehr for Butler and him I honestly didn't think Butler would last long nor would Byron ever play an NHL game. Still don't like the trade but Butler is a serviceable guy and Byron cracks me up.

I love Byron, super feisty, speedy and not afraid to get in rough. You would never know he was so small from size alone. Hope his offensive game can continue to improve and start converting more.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows

I would tend to agree. I wonder how muck Byron/Granlund have already played together. Maybe there is chemistry there already.

I loved the Flames compete level all game but especially after 3-1. Good chances that could have made it 3-3.

OK, I have a question for you advanced stats guys. Is there a stat, that tracks +- or Corsi, but only on GWG. It just seems like for (just)about every Flames GWG against, I see a #44 or a #26 blowing a play. Is there a tracked stat that can prove me wrong/right? Chris Butler welcomed Zach Parise into the crease on tonights GWG.

JulianHopper*

Reto Berra Cost the Flames A Win

Those were 3 bad goals Berra let in. The first goal alone was just awful and simply shouldn't happen. Seems to happen a lot with Berra though, comes out of the net a lot and also goes down a lot and early.

He's a RFA after this season so I would think the Flames will try to move him here at the deadline in the next day or so. I don't think he'll be back next season. Just not consistent enough for a re-building team.

I thought the Flames played well otherwise. Nice goal by Mike Cammalleri and good for Markus Granlund to get his first assist on Giordano's goal.

Joe Colborne with an assist as well, the young guys are playing well and this was a game that the Flames should have easily won. I'm sure the coach and GM are not happy with this outcome.

Berra did stop 24 of 27 shots but that was a complete goaltending letdown and more than likely sealed his fate as a Flame.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Berra did stop 24 of 27 shots but that was a complete goaltending letdown and more than likely sealed his fate as a Flame.

Yes, the first one was bad. No, the latter two were not. How you can blame a goalie for a goal where the puck was deflected by a guy right in his crease is beyond me.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Anybody listen to Cammys post game interview? He really looks like he's checked out, definitely not like a guy who's looking forward to his future with a team, and by that I mean very honest which is refreshing, but not seen in todays game, especially from him.

JulianHopper*

Yes, the first one was bad. No, the latter two were not. How you can blame a goalie for a goal where the puck was deflected by a guy right in his crease is beyond me.

Coach Hartley pretty much said the same thing in his post game comments. That they were 3 bad goals.

It's also not the first time we've seen Berra get scored on from the corner along the goal line like the third goal.

I like the guy but you can't keep letting goals like that in.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Coach Hartley pretty much said the same thing in his post game comments. That they were 3 bad goals.

It's also not the first time we've seen Berra get scored on from the corner along the goal line like the third goal.

I like the guy but you can't keep letting goals like that in.

He said they were 3 bad goals from a team standpoint, not 3 bad goals allowed by the goalie. There is a gigantic difference between the two.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I watched the interview. He said nothing of the sort. Were you watching the interview from the right game? Hell, he was even directly asked about the one bad goal and replied that he hadn't really looked into it yet.

The closest thing he said was that we made three mistakes and it ended up as three goals against. This is basically the same line he drops after every loss. "We made X mistakes and they punished us X times" is his go to line. There was nothing in there to indicate he was referring to Berra, or goaltending, at all.

The goal didn't go in from the corner. It went in from the top of the crease on a bang-bang play. Pominville didn't score; Parise did.

JulianHopper*

I watched the interview. He said nothing of the sort. Were you watching the interview from the right game? Hell, he was even directly asked about the one bad goal and replied that he hadn't really looked into it yet.

The closest thing he said was that we made three mistakes and it ended up as three goals against. This is basically the same line he drops after every loss. "We made X mistakes and they punished us X times" is his go to line. There was nothing in there to indicate he was referring to Berra, or goaltending, at all.

The goal didn't go in from the corner. It went in from the top of the crease on a bang-bang play. Pominville didn't score; Parise did.

Of course the coach isn't going to throw the goalie under the bus and say what really happened.

Those were 3 bad goals. The second goal was a power play goal and Berra was sliding across and going down when he should have just played that side of the net where the puck was, sure he was screened but if he would have stood his ground up against the post on that side, that puck doesn't go in.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Of course the coach isn't going to throw the goalie under the bus and say what really happened.

Those were 3 bad goals. The second goal was a power play goal and Berra was sliding across and going down when he should have just played that side of the net where the puck was, sure he was screened but if he would have stood his ground up against the post on that side, that puck doesn't go in.

You want him to hug the post on a shot from the circle?

And you went from "Hartley basically said as much" to "of course Hartley wouldn't say that." :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad