Pre-Game Talk: Flames at Jets: Battle of the Clinched

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasontixholder*

Bet Calgary plays all their main squad. Are they not fighting for home ice advantage against Vancouver?

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Game has more meaning to Calgary as they can move to #2 in the Pacific with a win and some OOT scoreboard help. I'm not sure what kind of team they'll be icing.

Jets will have some fresh faces we haven't seen in a while, so their shape might be a little different (but these fresh faces will be trying to play for a future spot or backup duty, so they have something to earn).

Hard to predict what will happen tomorrow.

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It is such a pleasure to have the weight of the playoff race off my shoulders. I'm going to enjoy just soaking up the atmosphere and fun of the game tomorrow without all that stress and oot scoreboard watching!

GJG! Have some fun out there for one game! :yo:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not knowing the health status of everyone, I would hope we rest any of the guys who really need it.

Perreault seems like a candidate for sure, maybe Ladd as well.

I would think you would want to get Hutch a game as he hasn't played in a while, and I think it would be great to get Copp in the lineup.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
They should definitely rest some of the banged up guys since we can't really move up in the standings anymore.

If the Kings won last night I was definitely planning on watching this but I may go to a play that my cousin is in instead.

Would still like to go out on a winning note. They've earned a spot in the playoffs with solid play all year but something about officially clinching it off a loss feels... off. I'm not complaining, but going into the playoffs with some authority will feel sweet.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Would still like to go out on a winning note. They've earned a spot in the playoffs with solid play all year but something about officially clinching it off a loss feels... off. I'm not complaining, but going into the playoffs with some authority will feel sweet.

I'd feel worse about it if not for the 2 outstanding shut-out performances just prior to last night's tie game. I mean it's not like the Jets limped in...they battled like crazy right up to the end. When I think back to the ASB and the mini-collapse that occurred just after it and how daunting our sched looked for the remainder of the season I can't believe we made it actually. It just looked at the time like an insurmountable mountain to climb...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Halischuk
Galiardi
Peluso
O'Dell
Copp
Ellerby
Buff

I think they all dress.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'd feel worse about it if not for the 2 outstanding shut-out performances just prior to last night's tie game. I mean it's not like the Jets limped in...they battled like crazy right up to the end. When I think back to the ASB and the mini-collapse that occurred just after it and how daunting our sched looked for the remainder of the season I can't believe we made it actually. It just looked at the time like an insurmountable mountain to climb...

Oh no doubt.

Although I didn't feel as confident in their play last night as the shot counter suggests, they left it all on the ice and you could tell towards the end they were really going for it.

The guys can really use the rest they're gonna get.

Still can't deny how awesome it would have been if Wheeler roofed that rebound at the end of the game to clinch it. That would have been the perfect goal.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Helle back's up tomorrow. MP won't play... Doesn't sound serious.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maurice is saying a few of the players were battling the flu this week, not just Pavelec. That is why they were so gassed last night. Little in particular sounded quite sick during the Wild game.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Healthy guys will play. Some players coming out are fatigue based.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Still can't deny how awesome it would have been if Wheeler roofed that rebound at the end of the game to clinch it. That would have been the perfect goal.

If wheeler scores there there's a real good chance I'd have put my fist through the ceiling! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad