GDT: Flames and Wings - The Special Has Arisen, Schlemko | 5:30pm MT SNW

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
What a win!! I can't believe we won again. Hudler was a total beast.

UC, your homer/pizza gif was the highlight of this thread to me in the context it was used. Well done sir!

I am here for all your entertainment needs! :bow:

I'm still buzzing so much over last night's win. Not so much for the game itself because in the grand scheme of things it's no different than any match, but we're now at a winning record on this road trip even without our best player and we're in a good position to make the post season.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm eating some major crow right now when it comes to Engelland. And you know what? I love it. Give me seconds please!

Totally agreed. I'm sure 99% of Flames fans were expecting Engelland to be a total disaster with more minutes but I actually think his play has elevated playing alongside Brodie. It remains to be seen if he can keep up these harder minutes in 6-8 games when fatigue starts to wear in, but so far I like what I'm seeing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I like that I had Engelland's back. Been trying to point out it's more the combination of guys on the ice than him for most of the season.

i also like that Schlemko played closer to 14 minutes and kept Engelland under 20, I think if he stays under 20 we should be good.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
It sucks that the Sens have been winning so much and are only a few points out of the playoffs... I was hoping at the beginning of the road-trip that that road game would be an easier one... Looks like it might be one of the more difficult matches.

Aug 3, 2010
Totally agreed. I'm sure 99% of Flames fans were expecting Engelland to be a total disaster with more minutes but I actually think his play has elevated playing alongside Brodie. It remains to be seen if he can keep up these harder minutes in 6-8 games when fatigue starts to wear in, but so far I like what I'm seeing.

Clearly playing with Brodie elevated Giordano's play. Engelland for Vezina.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I also have supported Engelland during the year and thought we'd see him taken advantage of less when paired with a more capable player. However, he hasn't been flawless. The Lucic goal against Boston was all on him, basically. He still thinks and plays the game a step slower then our top 4 guys, and it's noticeable. But we know what we're getting from him and if we can give him a better #6 to play with it won't be exposed that often.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I like that I had Engelland's back. Been trying to point out it's more the combination of guys on the ice than him for most of the season.

i also like that Schlemko played closer to 14 minutes and kept Engelland under 20, I think if he stays under 20 we should be good.

Didn't get to see this one. How did Schlemko look in his 2nd game with more ice time?

I still can get over his shoot out winner. That made my week!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Didn't get to see this one. How did Schlemko look in his 2nd game with more ice time?

I still can get over his shoot out winner. That made my week!
Largely unnoticeable but in a good way. He had a couple blocked shots on one shift when the Wings were pressuring that was pretty big IMO. His ice-time was up to just under 14 minutes so that helped take extra pressure of Engelland.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
Wow, Nikita Kucherov is a beast. Averages just under 15 mins of ice time per game and still on the top 25 scorers in the league.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wow, Nikita Kucherov is a beast. Averages just under 15 mins of ice time per game and still on the top 25 scorers in the league.

Tampa Bay is ridiculously deep at forward. Johnson/Palat/Kucherov have all had tremendous seasons.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Went 500 vBig ones on the boys last night.. not gonna lie, this is prob the most vCash I've ever had haha they won the last three games I wagered on, so we'll see how long they can keep it going without Gio.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Went 500 vBig ones on the boys last night.. not gonna lie, this is prob the most vCash I've ever had haha they won the last three games I wagered on, so we'll see how long they can keep it going without Gio.

Bet it all on Pit. I am all in 55K

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Deen, I know it's you vCash, but you should seriously put it all on the line tomorrow against the Sens!

Bring us goodluck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad