Flames AHL affiliate have a new mascot

Hemi-Cuda

Jun 28, 2006
Calgary

bMOViLh.gif

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
Odd looking but it is funny as hell. I think one of the significant aspects of a good mascot should be making fans laugh and especially young fans so I think the mascot definitely accomplishes that.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
OMG that is awful looking lol. Not sure though if ya can conjure up a children friendly image with something that can burn ya lol, not to mention overcoming our dedicated public safety professionals like firefighters or rescue workers. I would have expected better from this organization. Worcester lost some firefighters years back and their AHL club did a lot to help out their families and honor the sacrifices. Not sure what mascot would be good for the team, maybe a "Flash" type super hero would have been appropriate or maybe a Dalmation dog or even a super hero hockey playing firefighter lol.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
OMG that is awful looking lol. Not sure though if ya can conjure up a children friendly image with something that can burn ya lol, not to mention overcoming our dedicated public safety professionals like firefighters or rescue workers. I would have expected better from this organization. Worcester lost some firefighters years back and their AHL club did a lot to help out their families and honor the sacrifices. Not sure what mascot would be good for the team, maybe a "Flash" type super hero would have been appropriate or maybe a Dalmation dog or even a super hero hockey playing firefighter lol.
In fairness to the Flames, the Glens Falls FD took part in this as well and also thought it would be fun.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
The team apologized for the video. I saw it on Olbermann and boy it was HORRIBLE!!! The background story would be like saying "its the last spark of the chicago fire" and it kills a fireman?? Really??

And it is the ugliest mascot ever. Way worse than Roscoe!!

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
R.I.P. Scorch (10/9/14-10/14/14):

GLENS FALLS -- Scorch, the original mascot of the Adirondack Flames, will not take the ice, after a controversial preseason unveiling skit in which the puck-head mascot overpowered an actor portraying a Glens Falls firefighter.

“We’re extinguishing Scorch,” Brian Petrovek, president of the Adirondack Flames, said in an interview on Tuesday. “The misjudgment we made was such that we came to that decision.”

The team issued an apology for the skit on Oct. 9, shortly after The Post-Star reported about it.

The mascot did not appear at the Flames’ home opener at the Glens Falls Civic Center on Saturday, and will not appear ever.

Petrovek said the management is designing a new mascot that will be associated with fun, not fear.

http://poststar.com/news/local/flam...cle_09626962-53c1-11e4-9701-c3b8a3dac487.html

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
No way are the getting away with killing off scorch just because they made a stupid marketing error with the firefighter. We are taking to twitter to let Adirondack know how upset we are with them. Tweet to @AHLFlames and tell them we want scorch to stay! #SaveScorch

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
Scorch lived for 150 years, Calgary Flames got him and killed him in 5 days. Much like we do with all our prospects.

Memorial services are on youtube already.

What scares me most if he was the top idea? I wonder what the second idea that got turned down was lol!

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Scorch lived for 150 years, Calgary Flames got him and killed him in 5 days. Much like we do with all our prospects.

Memorial services are on youtube already.

What scares me most if he was the top idea? I wonder what the second idea that got turned down was lol!

Flames do that with their affiliations as well!!

I wonder who decided to choose something like that and if they are still employed. Beavis and Butthead couldn't even say "fire" because kids started playing more with fire so I can see why a flame from a devastating fire would be such a horrible idea.

How about Mr. Hanky?

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Beavis and Butthead couldn't even say "fire" because kids started playing more with fire so I can see why a flame from a devastating fire would be such a horrible idea.

Their team is named after a devastating fire in Atlanta...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad