Confirmed with Link: Flames Acquire Freddie Hamilton for a conditional 7th

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Just another to add to the list of the inferior hockey siblings...

Bure
Drury
Regehr
Seabrook
Shore
Reinhart
Granlund
Hamilton

We're still missing the Ryan Russell.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Heh, I kinda called this but said only said as a claim. The condition might not end up being anything at all. I'm guessing the Avs just wanted to clear a contract spot, as he has already cleared waivers he can be sent directly to Stockton.

Total speculation on my part but I wonder if the condition for the 7th is if he ever plays an NHL game.

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
Why not?

I've always thought he was okay. He's put up solid numbers everywhere but in his 29 NHL games. He's only 23, and maybe he'll be a late bloomer. Respectable AHL numbers is the ceiling for most 7th round picks so why not take a chance as he's already somewhat proven. Maybe motivation to play with Dougie will serve as a spark to try to play in our bottom 6 at some point.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Heh, I kinda called this but said only said as a claim. The condition might not end up being anything at all. I'm guessing the Avs just wanted to clear a contract spot, as he has already cleared waivers he can be sent directly to Stockton.

Total speculation on my part but I wonder if the condition for the 7th is if he ever plays an NHL game.

Its probably something crazy like playing 50 NHL games this season or scoring 20 goals.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Seriously why not? It makes Dougie feel more at home, we barely gave up anything. We added size and improved our team in Stockton.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
It's a 7th lol. I mean, yeah we could luck out and the picks becomes an elite player, but it is unlikely, therefore not really going to classify it as a waste, never would with a 7th

And it's gotta make Dougie happy

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The condition is if Dougie becomes a star in Calgary. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad