GDT: FLAMES (50-20-10) @ WILD (51-22-7) 6 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Eh I'm not even that concerned. Wild still have home ice advantage to fight for, whereas we have nothing left to fight for in regular season outside of padding certain players stats.
Remind me, if the wild and/or blues finish with more points than we do and we play them in rd3, does our division win mean we get home ice or do their more pts clinch it?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Remind me, if the wild and/or blues finish with more points than we do and we play them in rd3, does our division win mean we get home ice or do their more pts clinch it?

Our division win still matters. We only don't get home ice if we play Colorado, Florida, or Carolina.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
https://www.nhl.com/news/stanley-cup-playoffs-format-qualification-system/c-711015

Home-ice advantage through the first two rounds goes to the team that placed higher in the regular-season standings. In the Conference Final and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record, regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Johnny scored!!!!! So excited! I'll be happy to see the highlight later! That's the main last big milestone, though crossing my fingers for Dube to hit 20 lol.

Way to go Johnny!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ever since we switched up the top unit we have struggled to score on the PP.

I'm struggling to figure out how we could possibly fix this issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Tofveve

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Sorry It’s late:

gfxM7vn_d.webp

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
As a side note, what are the odds that we play 2 out of 3 on the road versus Colorado, St. L, Minny, and Nashville? Then again, I've long thought that 82 games is a silly number

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Oh Gudbrandson...
I'm unsure whether to blame him more than Hanifin. Both of them mishandled the puck consecutively.

Still though, Gudbranson could've just shoveled it up the wall and been fine

Markstrom also could've saved it, but it was a weird release.

Reactions: DFF

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Markstrom fell to sleep… he doesn’t do well on close games with few shots

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If our PP was competent, we'd have this game in the bag.

The PP is one thing that has me nervous heading to the playoffs. Losing the special teams battle can erase the good work we do at even strength.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

The PP is one thing that has me nervous heading to the playoffs. Losing the special teams battle can erase the good work we do at even strength.
PP comes and goes

Goaltending decides playoffs

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

More often than not, even strength play wins series. It's why the Ducks swept us in 2017 despite all our PPG and it's Edmonton never wins any series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad