GDT: FLAMES (44-19-9) vs. KRAKEN (23-43-6)7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet 360 | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
homer-celebration.gif

Rough looking first 40, but they got it done in the end. Awesome 3rd. Johnny hits the 100 point mark with his parents in the building, a Tkachuk hatty, big comeback... Pretty exciting night after all!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hell of a season for Gaudreau. I will say this game reinforced my confidence in Darryl. He managed the bench exactly as you should when the team is flat and the lines are in a slog. Changed the lines and the pairings up, put Vladar in for the 3rd, woke his team up. Refreshing to see a coach that does SOMETHING(read: ANYTHING) when it's obvious the team is stuck in a rut.

Good : Tkachuk scored 3 goals, so he must be good. Andersson-Hanifin our only remotely competent pairing in this game. Johnny congrats kid, that's huge. Liked both Mangiapane and Dube all 3 periods.

Not bad : Zadorov maybe? Vladar is a great first save goalie, if the rest of his game rounds out I think we could have something nice here. Stone not sure if you can really ask more of the guy at this point.

Not good : Basically the rest of the forwards. Thought both Backlund and Lewis in particular were crap.

Bad : Markstrom should really have the 1st and 3rd goals. Mackey was brutal, got to do more than be happy to be here bud. Juuso in Thursday please. Tanev had a couple nice plays but I think he is struggling. Maybe hurt.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Tanev had a couple nice plays but I think he is struggling. Maybe hurt.
He's looked off to me for a while too. The guy played through broken ribs and pulled ab muscles for 6 weeks last year so who knows what he could be playing through

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He's looked off to me for a while too. The guy played through broken ribs and pulled ab muscles for 6 weeks last year so who knows what he could be playing through

Definitely not close to where his level was earlier in the season. Must have been Olli carrying his worthless ass the whole time :sarcasm:

Thing is with Gudbranson out already the next guy up would be..? Kinnvall? Valimaki on his offside? Maybe once the Gud is back Tanev takes a week off before the playoffs. f*** has he earned it.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Definitely not close to where his level was earlier in the season. Must have been Olli carrying his worthless ass the whole time :sarcasm:

Thing is with Gudbranson out already the next guy up would be..? Kinnvall? Valimaki on his offside? Maybe once the Gud is back Tanev takes a week off before the playoffs. f*** has he earned it.
Yeah got to rest the guy if we can. For a lot of these guys, this the longest they've played at such a high intensity. Get some rotation going and then settle on the best line-up for game 81 and 82

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Great to see your team doing so well. They are fun to watch.

May I ask you for some info on Gudbranson why he is not playing currently? Banged up, overtaken by Stone or just getting some rest and do a little rotation to keep Stone and Valimäki fresh? Guds got pretty good reviews over the season and it seemed you guys were happy with his play. But the team is doing good without him to - not that he would be a cornerstone on any team and a real differencemaker...

Thanks in advance for your feedback, much appreciated.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Great to see your team doing so well. They are fun to watch.

May I ask you for some info on Gudbranson why he is not playing currently? Banged up, overtaken by Stone or just getting some rest and do a little rotation to keep Stone and Valimäki fresh? Guds got pretty good reviews over the season and it seemed you guys were happy with his play. But the team is doing good without him to - not that he would be a cornerstone on any team and a real differencemaker...

Thanks in advance for your feedback, much appreciated.
I think hes sick, there was some virus going thru the team, jarnkrok just missed a week cuz of it. Hes been good this yr, the best D lineup is prob him and stone on the 3rd pair, but zad with hes physicality can be a real difference maker in the playoffs

Reactions: austropanther

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Markstrom is very good after a bad game, he should start the next game and sit Saturday

Markstrom is being overplayed in some attempt to hit shutout record. We need to refocus on having him 100% for playoffs
I think hes sick, there was some virus going thru the team, jarnkrok just missed a week cuz of it. Hes been good this yr, the best D lineup is prob him and stone on the 3rd pair, but zad with hes physicality can be a real difference maker in the playoffs

We should just roll 7 D and have Stone play 4RW and use his patented wall shove on the forecheck

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Toffoli
Tkachuk - Backlund - Mangiapane
Jarnkrok - Ruzicka - Coleman
Pelletier - Dube - Stone

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Way to go Stone as well. Guy keeps delivering.
Stone and zadorov are interchangeable

Both has some nice offensive skills (but different)
Both are prone to fatal defensive mistakes
Zad has size but Stone is not small

Imagine someone thinking someone will pay Zadorov $4M next year

Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Markstrom is being overplayed in some attempt to hit shutout record. We need to refocus on having him 100% for playoffs

We should just roll 7 D and have Stone play 4RW and use his patented wall shove on the forecheck

Pelletier - Dube - Stone
I don’t think we see Ruzicka and Pelletier this year unless someone gets injured

That said we need to give Dube and Ruzicka a hard look next year at center

Our center is pretty thin and there is nothing except downhill with Backlund moving forward. No point giving Mangi all that money with nobody to play with. If Dube can’t fill the position then use the money to get someone or trade Mangi for a young center with potential

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Pelletier - Dube - Stone

These lines are ideal. I like splitting up Tkachuk from that top unit for now just to keep things fresh and give us two elite line-driving units. Jarnkrok on the wing +1 and away from Dube +1. Their speed should be stretched out across the lineup.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3