GDT: FLAMES (44-19-9) vs. KRAKEN (23-43-6)7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet 360 | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

Not my ideal line combos but you're kidding yourself if you think Sutter can't tell when something is working or isn't in spite of the end result.

How many of the previous Flames coaches would go full line blender after a meh game on a 5 game winning streak?

One thing they need to figure out is that Jarnkork is a RW, not a center. Also Dube has been playing great for a month+ and it's awesome to see him getting rewarded.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Valimaki playing left wing with Ruz and Ritchie? Lol cmon Darryl
It’s the leftover and we don’t care. That will never be a line in any real game. Not even the AHL

Or just Sutter telling Valimaki you suck at defense and time to look for a new job

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Not my ideal line combos but you're kidding yourself if you think Sutter can't tell when something is working or isn't in spite of the end result.

How many of the previous Flames coaches would go full line blender after a meh game on a 5 game winning streak?

One thing they need to figure out is that Jarnkork is a RW, not a center. Also Dube has been playing great for a month+ and it's awesome to see him getting rewarded.

Tofolli just hasn't been good enough tbh. I know people are shitting on Backs (and I agree he has declined a bit), but I've yet to see the value Tofolli has added outside the pp.

Agreed that Jarnkrok would probably look better at wing. We should try Ruzicka or Dube at centre maybe...

Reactions: Tofveve

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I know that Sutter likes to establish hard pairings in his defense - he's previously said that Stone wasn't getting in the line-up because Valimaki wasn't playing to a high enough standard. But I really don't see why Stone wouldn't continue to get a run of games. You talk about big goals/points, Stone's had em in 4 of the last 5 games and hasn't been any worse defensively than what Zad usually is.

He's never getting in if he's waiting for Mackey

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Tofolli just hasn't been good enough tbh. I know people are shitting on Backs (and I agree he has declined a bit), but I've yet to see the value Tofolli has added outside the pp.

Agreed that Jarnkrok would probably look better at wing. We should try Ruzicka or Dube at centre maybe...

He's got 20 points here, and only 7 are on the PP? 2 of them are SH points as well. In that time period I think that's got him only behind the first line for ES points?

Has he been perfect? No. But he's literally 4th on the team in PPG behind the top line, despite being 6th for TOI among forwards. He's getting 4.25 a year. I really don't understand the hate.

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He's got 20 points here, and only 7 are on the PP? 2 of them are SH points as well. In that time period I think that's got him only behind the first line for ES points?

Has he been perfect? No. But he's literally 4th on the team in PPG behind the top line, despite being 6th for TOI among forwards. He's getting 4.25 a year. I really don't understand the hate.
I mean his possession metrics haven't been great. Despite playing with Backlund for weeks, its a -3.1CFR%. Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman was over 60% with their possession metrics when they were put together. He does have 11 pts at ES, but that includes empty netters.

So 8 pts 5 on 5 in 28 games and not so great fancies... I expected more tbh. Especially if he's an insurance policy to Mangipanae.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad