GDT: FLAMES (41-19-9) @ DUCKS (28-31-12)8 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West/One | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yet another good game from Markstrom even with that 1 weak goal. Gaudreau continues to demonstrate he is the offense. Stone should be given some games with Gudbranson when Kylington is back he is more effective then Zadorov as of late. Coleman and Dube could help end global warming with how cold they are.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Yet another good game from Markstrom even with that 1 weak goal. Gaudreau continues to demonstrate he is the offense. Stone should be given some games with Gudbranson when Kylington is back he is more effective then Zadorov as of late. Coleman and Dube could help end global warming with how cold they are.

I mean it's technically climate change, which is why some areas are experiencing unnatural cooling, so idk if they'd help there....

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif

Worth staying up for. Large win!

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I really hate how the 4th line makes me beg for Ritchie to be healthy/in the lineup to pair with Carpenter and Lucic to from a cohesive, identity line.

It should be illegal to make someone want Ritchie in the lineup.
I was having this exact same conversation with my friend earlier today. Ritchie in for Lewis is actually something I want to see and that scares and disappoints me.

Reactions: Mazatt

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I was having this exact same conversation with my friend earlier today. Ritchie in for Lewis is actually something I want to see and that scares and disappoints me.
Like, is it an insult to the rest of the fourth line sans Carpenter that Ritchie is better there? Is it praise on Ritchie? I find myself secretly enjoying Ritchie. It frightens me because I know it is wrong to do so, but I like seeing him in the lineup. I think he might be my guilty pleasure but I need to know if it's because of the trash or if he is treasure. It's breaking me apart.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good to see another line come alive to get the win here, and not have to hope for a top line 7 point combined night to have a chance.

I thought top to bottom the team looked good, they dictated play most of the game, It's funny, I thought Coleman and Dube had a lot of jump and looked good between Ruzicka; and Coleman was the worst shot differential player we had last night according to advanced stats. Fourth line looked good. It's shitty to say, but with his hip and everything, Sean Monahan was the worst player on a team that employs Brett Ritchie, Milan Lucic and Trevor Lewis.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Sutter was falling over with praise for Lewis in the post game presser. He'll probably be back next year

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Lewis is just so bad with the puck that he kills the offense of his lines. I've come to prefer Ritchie too but neither of them belong in our healthy lineup.

Top line
Coleman-Backlund-Jarnkrok
Magiapane-Dube/Ruz-Toffoli
Lucic-Dube/Ruzicka-Carpenter

Carpenter has been awesome. I like a 4th liner who can skate and handle the puck a little.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I also haven't been thrilled with the on-ice impacts of guys like Lewis, Lucic, Ritchie, Richardson, Stone(though he was great in this game), etc but Tkachuk was talking this week about how vital these players have been in changing the locker room culture of the Flames this year. These are guys that Darryl relies on to be his hitters when he's not around. With no captain I think that's an important contribution these vets have been making. Probably can include Coleman in there as well.

After years of having locker room issues and rumors of rifts and uneven efforts through the lineup I'm glad the vets appear to have done their part in forming a cohesive hockey team. As much as I would rather see the youth get a chance to contribute as there is a few guys in Stockton playing well enough to deserve I don't think you can deny that the vets have played a big part in instilling a good work ethic for the Flames.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't love Lewis's game but man I find it hard to complain about any forward as long as lucic is in the lineup. He seems like a great dude but man he is just brutal in all 3 zones. I don't like anything about his game, I don't even like that he is big because it makes it so painfully obvious how slow he is, I would much rather have Ritchie in his spot

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The fourth line has been extremely effective over the last four games. Lucic, despite still not having NHL hands, is regularly forcing turnovers on the forecheck by being big. He's been getting a hold of pucks even when he has absolutely no body position simply by being strong. Carpenter has a good sense of where to be to support, and Lewis doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

Our fourth line has been spending most of their time in the offensive zone these past few games. That's all you really can ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad