Post-Game Talk: Flames 4 Oilers 2 - f***ing losers

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
We have ONE good line offensively. One. To saddle them with a guy that simply cannot keep up offensively is beyond stupid. You can't take your biggest attribute and mess it up then expect to win. Combine that with the team having zero legs in the third despite the Flames being a GOOD third-period team and this loss is disgusting.

This team will not get better with this coaching staff.

It doesn't stop there, though! We came into this season expecting TWO guys that have little to no NHL experience to fill out our depth when this team at one point had Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle on it. Despite losing both those guys we STILL don't have a clear #1 or depth scoring. Dumpster fire.

Reactions: Proko88

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Good acquisitions, Chiarelli. Your boy watched the GWG happen.

Outplayed, outgoaltended, outscored....

If McDavid wasn't on this team they wouldn't even sniff a playoff spot.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
There's just no good puck possession...the best player in the league is probably near the bottom of the team in puck possession in this game because the system doesn't allow guys to find open ice and nobody could make a proper pass

Reactions: Lrrr

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Weird how you can look at every line and every pairing and ask yourself "why the hell is that guy out there?"

It's almost like most of the players on this team suck, or something.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I literally started laughing out loud when I saw Lucic on the ice with 1:38 to play in the third.

This franchise is hopeless unless they overhaul the team owner (Katz), manager (Chiarelli), and coach (McLellan), and if they get a player who can actually shoot pucks from the point, something they haven't had since Souray.

If they get a point-man who can actually put pucks on net, they have enough personnel to be a decent team, but unless the owner, manager, and coach are purged, they're going nowhere.

At least this was an entertaining game, though -- not the usual snooze-fest when the Oilers lose.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
tumblr_mmeleeXxCh1qh59n0o1_500.png

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
They deserved to lose after the 3rd but good god that reffing was trash. If TMac doesn't stick up for the team after the game fire him into the sun. Adjusting lines when winning is stupid. My patience for him has run out.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Fire Todd. Oilers looked helpless in the third and I put a lot of that on our players but our coach did them no favours by putting an anchor on our two best players line. What a joke.

Reactions: BlackDogg

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
There's Lucic out there moving out of the way of the goalie just in time for him to see the puck.

What a useless piece of trash.

I think I'm starting to get McLellan. He doesn't coach, he just punishes and hopes it makes you play better. And guys like Lucic, never get punished, and they never do anything better because they're not really coached.

Any coach worth a damn would be drilling into Lucic's head to stop moving away from the screen and be kicking him off the 1st PP unit until he did just that. Here though, Lucic has been doing the same thing and hasn't changed a thing about his game since he came here.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
There's nothing on this f***ing roster. Peter Chiarelli has sewered this franchise with garbage players who can't defend or score.

Ryan Spooner his newest addition with a stellar -2 and getting outbattled in front of the net for the game winning goal.

God damn incompetent f***ing general manager has put together an AHL team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This team is so bad that a team like the flames can do f*** all for 2 periods and then can absolutely shit on us for 20 and win.

Outside of McDavids line,we don't have a single line worth their position

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad