Flames 3rd Jerseys being revealed Friday Sept 21st

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Flames-Stripe-Jersey-e1475045841222.jpg

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Was really hoping for the 90s pedestal. Don't bring back the retros unless it's the primary.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'm seeing a ton of complaints from flames fans about it being "boring" and "nothing new" and "been there done that".

This is the best jersey the flames have ever had (retro, still not sold on the collar and the speed holes are stupid). Anything new the flames do for jerseys is terrible, like I saw people want the god awful horse head back, the f***? Make this our permanent jersey though. Our actual thirds should be something new and when it is inevitably terrible so be it.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Yeah this should be our main jersey with something more creative as the third.

I’ll never complain about bringing back the retro’s though.
This 100%

I have the retro from a few years back so I won’t buy this new one.

I would have bought a more creative one tho

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I'm seeing a ton of complaints from flames fans about it being "boring" and "nothing new" and "been there done that".

This is the best jersey the flames have ever had (retro, still not sold on the collar and the speed holes are stupid). Anything new the flames do for jerseys is terrible, like I saw people want the god awful horse head back, the ****? Make this our permanent jersey though. Our actual thirds should be something new and when it is inevitably terrible so be it.

Leave and never return.

"God awful horse head"?

The hockey gods will surely give you maximum punishment for the worst hockey take this site has ever seen.

The horse head is a God damn legendary Jersey that needs to be brought back at any cost.

Damn you and your terrible, terrible opinion

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Let me take a swing at this dead horse and say, these NEED to be our regular jerseys. Than we can get creative and make a new black 3rd jersey. Cmooooon

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
The Horse head was the same as the oiler mechanical sperm... Never again... Lest we forget...

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Anyone who has a problem with the horsehead jerseys...

Fight me. I'll come out firing on all cylinders

Reactions: tmurfin

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Give him half the warning you'd normally give him and threaten to ban him for half the time you'd normally ban someone? :sarcasm:

On a side note, I keep reading the "horse head" was to commemorate the year of the horse. This doesn't fully make sense because the year of the horse was 1990 and 2002 but the jersey entered ciruclation in 1998-1999? I also swear I read an article stating the "horse head" was actually a dragon, but it obviously took on the horse persona due to the Western culture we had here, and the nickname stayed. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or know what article to link regarding that sub-story about our "horse head" jersey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad