GDT: FLAMES (37-27-15) @ CANUCKS (35-36-7) | 8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
No pressure, Tof.

Even Toffolis was from too far out, looking to thread the needle.

Man thinking back to my playing days, I can't believe how little the forehand to backhand to roof of net isn't used on breakaways. That was good 90% of the time. Hardly ever see it and I don't know why.

How does Huberdeau not go upstairs with that backhand.

Exactly. Seems like guys don't do this anymore.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Even Toffolis was from too far out, looking to thread the needle.

Man thinking back to my playing days, I can't believe how little the forehand to backhand to roof of net isn't used on breakaways. That was good 90% of the time. Hardly ever see it and I don't know why.

Exactly. Seems like guys don't do this anymore.

I think it's the sticks. We're used to stiffer sticks which can do it. I think lots of players now use whippy pool noodles.

Reactions: hn777 and Tofveve

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
The Jets ends the season with 3 games in 4 days, the last two on the road.

But f*** this, this team is 100% done.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I hope Philly goes onto another team and does well with a legit NHL chance just to stick it to the Flames do they can learn a lesson
Its bound to happen really. Not sure why he doesn't get a sniff on the main team. That's why I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully we move on from Lucic, Ritchie, Lewis and give the kids a chance. Ridiculous to have Pelts, Ruz and Coronato in the press box.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Was stoked w the UFC and then tune in to see the last bit of ot and the shootout live and got what we expected. The loser pts crusade is almost complete. 2 more games to go.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Its bound to happen really. Not sure why he doesn't get a sniff on the main team. That's why I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully we move on from Lucic, Ritchie, Lewis and give the kids a chance. Ridiculous to have Pelts, Ruz and Coronato in the press box.

I couldn't get over how short Phillips legs looked on his already short frame when up here with the big club. I'd be willing to give Matthew a longer look though, I just had/have that uneasy feeling he is just a little bit south of NHL calibre as much as it pains me to say. Just didn't look to have the speed of a Fleury or Gaudreau or even a Mangi or Pelts. Just my tentative observation.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
This team just doesn’t have high end skill. It’s painfully obvious. D is good on paper, forwards decent on paper, just no top end skill and it shows even more in OT/SO. Maybe Huberdeau bounces back, he’s still like maybe the 4th best player on a cup team. We should be a playoff team but aren’t a contender, never will be til we retool. Gotta give up some valuable pieces to restock the pipeline and get some legit young talent.

Blame Darryl. blame Marky (they both sucked this year and cost us playoffs), doesn’t change the fact that we aren’t a contender with this roster and just masks the other real issues.

Sad time to be a Flames fan

Reactions: Tofveve and DFF

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
I wanna say that the home team is matching lines, but that'd be a valid question if Calgary was the home team because, you know, rolling lines and stuff.

Watched the game recorded this morning… assuming this was the icing with about 6 minutes left. Vancouver can’t choose their line and Sutter sticks out the F’n 4th line in a crucial moment of a do or die game. One of the other 3 lines has to be ready to go! 😭

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00