GDT: FLAMES (32-14-7) @ AVALANCHE (40-11-4) 8 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

What should the Flames focus on in this one?

• Roll four lines

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Elite defensive awareness.

Do you remember when there were people on this forum that use to say he was the best defensive player on his lines with Gaudreau + other wings.

Loved his draft year, everyone on this forum kept throwing around toews like it was going out style. I remember having watched him multiple times and being like… you f***ing guys.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I agree with pretty much all of this.
There’s a major hole down the middle in Calgary, it sucks that they burnt all kinds of assets already.
Andrew Copp and Cal Clutterbuck would be two phenomenal additions. One guy shores up our C depth and is amazing defensively and the other is an experienced playoff guy who knows his role on the 4th line. Finding the cap would be difficult.

In terms of assets, I'd imagine teams would love to add Zary and Valimaki. I don't think very highly of Zary at all and I think Valimaki might be on the outs with Sutter here.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Andrew Copp and Cal Clutterbuck would be two phenomenal additions. One guy shores up our C depth and is amazing defensively and the other is an experienced playoff guy who knows his role on the 4th line. Finding the cap would be difficult.

In terms of assets, I'd imagine teams would love to add Zary and Valimaki. I don't think very highly of Zary at all and I think Valimaki might be on the outs with Sutter here.

It’s weird, because I wouldn’t dump Juuso for a rental. That said, I don’t want any long term contracts on this team either. Sort of a tough spot imo.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Do you remember when there were people on this forum that use to say he was the best defensive player on his lines with Gaudreau + other wings.

Loved his draft year, everyone on this forum kept throwing around toews like it was going out style. I remember having watched him multiple times and being like… you f***ing guys.

He got selke votes in 2014-15 because of draft reputation lmao. Never should’ve been close to that level, and he hasn’t come close to getting votes since.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad