GDT: FLAMES (27-21-13) vs. MAPLE LEAFS (37-16-8) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Pelts is a gem. He's gonna be a core piece of this team down the line I bet. He was the best player on that line tonight

IIRC it was he that said in his interview something along the lines of, "Because I will win the Stanley Cup."

Love that attitude. Not money, but accolades. The attitude even feels a little old school.

Reactions: BRobMint

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
A few days ago I said these next 6 games were hell, and what have we done? Lose, lose, lose.
It's seriously time to sell and stock up on picks and prospects.
Lindholm, Backlund, Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov, Toffoli. Go chase your Stanley Cup, you're not winning one here anytime soon. Can't even get into the playoffs when the West is at its worse.
Trade all 5 and that could be 5 first round picks coming back.
I'm fine with that.
Regroup in the summer with some new blood.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
A few days ago I said these next 6 games were hell, and what have we done? Lose, lose, lose.
Lindholm, Backlund, Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov, Toffoli. Go chase your Stanley Cup, you're not winning one here anytime soon. Can't even get into the playoffs when the West is at its worse.
I'm fine with that.

I think we were supposed to be watching 7 games to see if we buy or sell?

Reactions: Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm fine with that.

The more 1sts the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Wouldn't everyone want to just watch young kids develop and not worry about the standings knowing we're on the right track in doing so? That's what I want.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
The more 1sts the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Wouldn't everyone want to just watch young kids develop and not worry about the standings knowing we're on the right track in doing so? That's what I want.
Me too. We haven't had a proper rebuilding in a long time. Our last core is all gone Brodie, Gio, Monahan, Gaudreau, Tkachuk.
This group was supposed to be our next core. We have expiring contracts next year. Why f***ing wait, move them out, it's just not working. It's been 60 games of zero chemistry and frustrating hockey. Maybe our fortunes are better if our goalies could make saves, but we can't get a huge goal and if we do manage one, we give one right back up on the next shot like we did in Boston. 3-2 lead, next shot goes in, goes to overtime wow what a surprise another L.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Can we talk about how weegar and denis fking Gilbert are the only 2 D that dont get skated circles around lately

Reactions: Tofveve

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Sutter having 3rd pair and 4th line out against the marner line with first change…

f***ing piece of shit. Trash.
Wish I had a bunch of cultists that would endlessly praise me for being a lazy old dinosaur.

"Oh he's just rolling the lines to keep everyone fresh and ready for the playoffs"

Such a joke

Seriously, if matching lines is too complicated or hard for you then you don't belong in this league. And Dutter's been burned so, so many times already by any coach that works to put their top players against the Flames' fourth line/bottom pairing and still, this organization learns nothing.

Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad