GDT: FLAMES (25-18-11) VS. RED WINGS (24-20-8) | 7 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960 The FAN

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Well I learned my lesson. Never doubt the infallibility of every team's 2/3 stringer to dummy the f*** out of us. Doesn't even need to play super well , we'll absolutely find a way to play Swiss cheese defence to give them all the chance in the world to win the second of b2bs without their starter. This has to be what'll be our 15th loss to non-starters this yr several of whom have under 30 games NHL experience.

We have a good roster imo, but it's just not working. Sell. Sell. Sell.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Huberdeau has show very little, but I am hating Kadri's game lot more. Tunnel vision, low danger shots galore, doesnt use team mates, dumb penalties. Guy is everything Bennett was hated for and very little to compensate for it.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Well I learned my lesson. Never doubt the infallibility of every team's 2/3 stringer to dummy the f*** out of us. Doesn't even need to play super well , we'll absolutely find a way to play Swiss cheese defence to give them all the chance in the world to win the second of b2bs without their starter. This has to be what'll be our 15th loss to non-starters this yr several of whom have under 30 games NHL experience.

We have a good roster imo, but it's just not working. Sell. Sell. Sell.
No chemistry at all this year. Well, Dube has improved with Toffoli and Lindholm, but Lindy is going nowhere near his 40 goals.
Coleman, Backlund work well together, but seems like nobody works well with Huberdeau or Kadri.
Just don't know how to explain it, except to say there's been no chemistry. If one line looks lost, they all look lost. I find that however the first cycle of line changes go at the beginning of the game, you can pretty much tell what kind of effort they're going to give. Leading, we struggle to hold the lead and trailing, we struggle to come back. Either way it's been a struggle the whole season.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
No excuses tonight.

This is the most frustrating season I can remember.
Absolutely. We lost two franchise wingers, but managed to replace one with the wish version and have had buyer's remorse ever since. I think Hubie will have much much better years ahead, but this has been an unmitigated disaster for him/us. We also added a very good 2c who started outstanding and has fallen off a cliff since. Guys like Lindy and mangia have their 75 goals turn into what'll likely be 40 goals this yr.

Many believed we'd possibly be better equipped for a long playoff run this season which makes the fact we're going to either miss the playoffs altogether in a yr where tanking would have been so much better, or limp in and get obliterated by Dallas/Vegas. We'd probably get swept by Seattle lol.

Theres always that chance we could catch lightning in a bottle and go on a run which is why it's frustrating. The sum of our parts is so much more than what we've shown.

Blah. Maybe we can get this to ot and lose 5-4.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Kadri is older than the real deal when he came to the Flames

He is just showing his age
Nobody wanted to sign him that long except for the desperate Treliving

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Vladar's gone cold. Not too surprising after the all star break.

Don't call up Wolf. He doesn't the punishment of having to play behind this roster/coach. Keep playing Markstrom/Vladar and see how high of a pick they get you.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Just hoping hubie gets a garbage point late now. Did manage a small play on the wings at +330 down 1-0 early. Didn't like it. Thought we'd win but know our history.
Man this is garbage. Welp. Bring on the playoff teams over the next while. No more bottom feeder losses (aware det is playing well lately but come on).

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I don't think Roy or Hasek improves these mopes.

He is certainly not the biggest problem but also not a solution.

This roster needs a massive overhaul but we won’t get it thanks to ownership and to a lesser extent Treliving.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
.920 hellberg vs .773 Vlad.

Story of our season. Lol. Usually it's not Vlad (at least not lately) but boy oh boy.

He is certainly not the biggest problem but also not a solution.

This roster needs a massive overhaul but we won’t get it thanks to ownership and to a lesser extent Treliving.
The problem is that many are at their absolute worst trade value. I'd prefer not to part with Andersson or Backlund. Hanifin or Weegar could probably get something but we just signed the latter. I actually like him.

Blah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad