GDT: Flames (13-11-3) vs Leafs (17-5-6) - Familiar Faces @ 5pm MST HNIC

Do the Flames have a player break 60pts this year?

• Total voters

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
No Ruzicka hasn't been our best player this season at all. And much like I said above if Ruzicka is anywhere close to your best player, he isn't, that is a problem because he is not very good and no team is winning with him as an important player.

Mangiapane was bad as well but I see people calling Dube, Mangiapane and Huberdeau out so not sure what the problem is there.
No Ruzicka has been our best player this season. Now I need to write 2-3 more generic lines to make my post sound smart, but not too long to get hit with a TL;DR. It's obvious Ruzicka is the best player. If you think he isn't even close to be our best player, you need to watch the game. You have to be realistic.

This is an extra paragraph. As this is a good post, it needs to be split to make it seem like I have my thoughts sorted out.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
No Ruzicka has been our best player this season. Now I need to write 2-3 more generic lines to make my post sound smart, but not too long to get hit with a TL;DR. It's obvious Ruzicka is the best player. If you think he isn't even close to be our best player, you need to watch the game. You have to be realistic.

This is an extra paragraph. As this is a good post, it needs to be split to make it seem like I have my thoughts sorted out.

PDFTT

Reactions: Dertell

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
No Ruzicka hasn't been our best player this season at all. And much like I said above if Ruzicka is anywhere close to your best player, he isn't, that is a problem because he is not very good and no team is winning with him as an important player.

Mangiapane was bad as well but I see people calling Dube, Mangiapane and Huberdeau out so not sure what the problem is there.
Are you intoxicated?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sooooo uhhhh anybody missing Johnny Gaudreau?

giphy.gif

never got the credit he deserved for completely carrying this inept franchise's offense

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think Sutter probably would've liked to get a feel for Phillips early by rolling four lines. The parade to the box didn't really facilitate that.

Onto the next one.
It f***s up everyone's ice time. People are still going to whine that Phillips was short changed though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Watched for my Czechs.. I thought Vladar got that 1 point in the third. He was outstanding which is a weird thing to say given he was sub .900 and allowed 5 goals. I could be way off with a Czech bias.

Zohorna looked good and made a nice move to net. I think he's an NHL calibre player. Not top 6 but does have NHL toolbox. I'd flatout take him at 1mil over Louch at 5mil.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Watched for my Czechs.. I thought Vladar got that 1 point in the third. He was outstanding which is a weird thing to say given he was sub .900 and allowed 5 goals. I could be way off with a Czech bias.

Zohorna looked good and made a nice move to net. I think he's an NHL calibre player. Not top 6 but does have NHL toolbox. I'd flatout take him at 1mil over Louch at 5mil.
I'll just say that if Markstrom had played that game and let in those five goals he'd be getting crucified on this board. Not necessarily a bad game, though. The Flames just allowed too much as usual.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sooooo uhhhh anybody missing Johnny Gaudreau?

giphy.gif

never got the credit he deserved for completely carrying this inept franchise's offense
The Flames miss Johnny Gaudreau big time. Nobody can even carry the f***ing puck cross the blue line. It’s f***ing hilarious seeing Toffoli and Huberdeau do it. It’s like watching slow motion replay. Lindholm is not much better. That is if he bothers to do it at all.

On top of that Huberdeau exceeded all expectations the most negative way

Nobody could have predicted he is the way he is now

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll just say that if Markstrom had played that game and let in those five goals he'd be getting crucified on this board. Not necessarily a bad game, though. The Flames just allowed too much as usual.
Probably true. I tuned into third and it was one pp after another and I felt like Vladar made a lot of key saves on ten bell chance shots to get it to OT.

Markstrom is the better goalie (and appears to be great on the bench too) and a stud but i do think Vladar could be an NHL starter for a different team.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
But yea, if you think an NHL coach is putting out 2 rookies together in a tie game with 10 minutes left I don’t know what to tell you. That’s for team’s worried about development more than wins.
I’m not gonna lie. At the moment I’m more excited for young guys to get a chance on the roster than watching most of the veterans who aren’t earning their paychecks right now

Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad