Flames 0 Islanders 4 - Tire Fire In Brooklyn

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think people are overestimating the effect of system and underestimating the effect of execution. No system has players passing into teammates' skates in the neutral zone. No system preaches passing up good shots in order to attempt an impossible pass. No system preaches shooting the puck in when no one is ready to skate after it. No system has players ignoring their responsibility in front of their own net. The sticks are being squeezed to sawdust right now. I think that's the biggest problem. The coaching staff will adjust things as they see fit, but until we relax and start playing hockey, it's not going to make any kind of difference.
This is what I have been trying to say. Without Brodie in the lineup, with Giordano rusty, with Hamilton learning the tendencies of players and Russell playing worse than I thought he was when we acquired him there is no one executing those plays. Teams knew about the breakout pass last year, they didn't magically figure it out over the summer.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
What happened to "always earned"? Hiller led the team to the playoffs last year and into the second round of the playoff, he has earned much more than Ortio has. Handing someone a job is stupid, unless Ortio shows he is clearly better than Hiller he does not deserve a string of starts. Hartley stated outright that Ortio was his #3, then came in and had a mediocre start. He did nothing to improve that.

The only thing I'd say to this, because by large I agree with the sentiment... Ortio you have a game to remove the rust, if you win great... but don't screw up the game after. But seeing as I am not the coach for the Flames it doesn't matter.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The only thing I'd say to this, because by large I agree with the sentiment... Ortio you have a game to remove the rust, if you win great... but don't screw up the game after. But seeing as I am not the coach for the Flames it doesn't matter.
Except 2 muffins is screwing it up and If Ortio wants to be an NHL backup, which he will need to be if he wants to be a starter; he will have to learn to be ready after sitting for a couple of weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00