Claimed off Waivers: [FLA] Panthers claim Tobias Bjornfot off waivers from the Golden Knights

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's so funny that last season's Stanley Cup Champion and runner-up both have use for Bjornfot but the Kings don't

#RobBlakeMasterclass

Need to give this guy a viking funeral at manhattan beach but instead of a funeral pyre boat it'll just be an old surfboard

Guy is great at building 31 other teams though

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I imagine that Blake would've claimed him if he hadn't just given Moverare an extension to dissuade other teams from claiming him.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
It's so funny that last season's Stanley Cup Champion and runner-up both have use for Bjornfot but the Kings don't

#RobBlakeMasterclass

Need to give this guy a viking funeral at manhattan beach but instead of a funeral pyre boat it'll just be an old surfboard

Guy is great at building 31 other teams though
On the flipside, what's interesting to me is that the rest of the league basically passed on him twice. Maybe the sky's not falling after all...

Reactions: BabyBennettov

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
It's always surprising to me when a player slides all the way to one of the top teams in the NHL. if he's good enough for FLA, you would think a lot of other teams higher up on the waiver list would have claimed him first. How does FLA have roster room for other teams' castoffs?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, I don't feel good about this as a Kings fan.

625.jpg

Hopefully Zito caught another good one here.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Almost passed thru waivers
Panthers the last team to make a claim
Low cost depth D pickup for Florida

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It's always surprising to me when a player slides all the way to one of the top teams in the NHL. if he's good enough for FLA, you would think a lot of other teams higher up on the waiver list would have claimed him first. How does FLA have roster room for other teams' castoffs?
After deadline, there's no roster limit, just cap limit. Florida has enough cap space. We're going to have like a 25 man roster lol

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Florida is doing amazing with reclamation projects on D.

Bjornfoot must be quite excited

He probably thought the same thing getting claimed by Vegas. Played 4 games with Vegas , just over 9 min TOI. Maybe he'll get better there.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad