Friedman: FLA interest in Perreault. Three Jets scouts at FLA game

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
theres no way they'd trade matheson for perreault, they just wouldnt. now say a young winger like ehlers is possible. but id imagine winnipeg would rather hold onto him and just add to their defense in a cheaper fashion, they already have trouba, buff for several more years, myers, and morrissey. unless they feel like theyre that desperate for d help especially ld that they'd give up one of their top forward pieces. i don't see it. little and wheeler leave before any of ehlers, sheiffele or laine.

i would loveee to have wheeler, but not at the expense of matheson given wheelers age.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
theres no way they'd trade matheson for perreault, they just wouldnt. now say a young winger like ehlers is possible. but id imagine winnipeg would rather hold onto him and just add to their defense in a cheaper fashion, they already have trouba, buff for several more years, myers, and morrissey. unless they feel like theyre that desperate for d help especially ld that they'd give up one of their top forward pieces. i don't see it. little and wheeler leave before any of ehlers, sheiffele or laine.

i would loveee to have wheeler, but not at the expense of matheson given wheelers age.

Wheeler is like the best RW in the league, he would cost Ekblad with 15% retained lol

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg

Ehlers isn't available, especially for Matheson. While Matheson has shown good potential, I'm not interested in paying for that. I'd look elsewhere like you said.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Wheeler is like the best RW in the league, he would cost Ekblad with 15% retained lol

hes not the best, but he is one of the best.
and im gonna assume thats sarcasm, but just incase........no it wouldnt.

i know ehlers isnt available, just saying if its matheson they want then that'd be the player that would have to be included. and i highly doubt wheeler would be available. but for a team with a young top center in scheifele, a young top winger in laine, and another in ehlers, not to mention a young d like trouba in the mix, the thought of trading wheeler at some point, who's now 30 and has 2yrs left on his contract, recouping several strong assets to grow with the younger group, wouldnt be the strangest thing. but given how good he still is, a very fair contract, captain, and winnipeg still staying competitive, yea i don't see him getting moved. probably will resign him.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
Which one of Larsson and Theodore is coming back to us?

I mean, I love him to death from his days as a Duck, and I think he'd be a perfect middle six addition... but he's a 40/50 point player. It'd be hard to justify giving up a blue chip defensive prospect. I know that most actual trades usually end up feeling like over-payment but that feels like a big over-payment.

I personally wouldn't give up Larsson or Theodore unless it was in a package for someone at Duchene's level.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I mean, I love him to death from his days as a Duck, and I think he'd be a perfect middle six addition... but he's a 40/50 point player. It'd be hard to justify giving up a blue chip defensive prospect. I know that most actual trades usually end up feeling like over-payment but that feels like a big over-payment.

I personally wouldn't give up Larsson or Theodore unless it was in a package for someone at Duchene's level.

What if we took back a cap dump like Stoner? How much would that impact the value?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

It's a no then.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
It's an interesting conversation, but truth be told, there's not a lot from Florida that seems realistic or interesting for Perreault. McCoshen may be the most realistic target; I'd just as soon pass on him.

I would hope a young defenseman of some sort would be in the return. Might be a multi-player deal perhaps involving a younger prospect like McCoshen or Hawryluk, and the Jets offering up players that Fla would need for their playoff push including perhaps Perrault, Stafford, maybe even Stuart if they are real desperate for a hard-hitting veteran defenseman :)

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Would the Jets do a Demers for Perrault swap?

With a separate deal in place for Myers (there is just no realistic way of including him in this deal), I would pull the trigger. However, the ED might make it too complicated to pull off.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Yeah, Perreault+ isn't going to get Matheson. No point in even trying to build a deal around it.

There's also no point in treating Perreault as someone that needs to dealt. All this talk about protecting Lowry or Armia over him in the expansion draft is silly, IMO.

Uhm, I would definitely protect Lowry over Perreault. Perreault is an older player with a contract that is not cheap (I'd say fair), while Lowrynis younger, more affordable and is playing very well as a hard hitting defensive third line center.

Frankly, my full expectation is that they will have Enstrom waive his NMC for purposes of the XD and we protect 7-3-1 (which includes protecting Lowry, Perreault, Armia).

As for what Perreault's trade value for Florida, I haven't watched Matheson so I don't know the proper adds. I would be surprised if he was comparable to Morresey, since the latter has fit in really well as a top 4 d-man in his first NHL year.

If Math is a top four D-man or has a high expected NHL position, then yeah...that's not comparable to a Perreault player.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Frankly, my full expectation is that they will have Enstrom waive his NMC for purposes of the XD and we protect 7-3-1 (which includes protecting Lowry, Perreault, Armia).
Give a single reason why Enstrom or any other player in the league would waive his NMC in the XD. Chances of it happening are minuscule.

His fiancee has cancer and they are getting married next summer. I'm sure he has better things to do than worrying about moving to LV. If the org even asked him to waive it would top up as one of the unclassiest moves of the year.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Give a single reason why Enstrom or any other player in the league would waive his NMC in the XD. Chances of it happening are minuscule.

His fiancee has cancer and they are getting married next summer. I'm sure he has better things to do than worrying about moving to LV. If the org even asked him to waive it would top up as one of the unclassiest moves of the year.

Business is business.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Perrault and Dano for Theodore..let's make this happen Ducks fans... help me help you..

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Could offer him the promise of a contract extension if he is not selected or give LV a sweetener to not select him.

Point being, you can offer him an enticement to do this.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Could offer him the promise of a contract extension if he is not selected or give LV a sweetener to not select him.

Point being, you can offer him an enticement to do this.

I doubt Vegas would even take him. 5.75 million with 1 year left until UFA. He'll also be 33 at the start of next season.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I doubt Vegas would even take him. 5.75 million with 1 year left until UFA. He'll also be 33 at the start of next season.

Exactly, which is why the Jets should pursue this option to have Enstrom waive his NMC and allow the Jets to protect several forwards, including Perreault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad