Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Mikulas Hovorka signs ELC with the Panthers (2 years, $950k AAV; begins 2024-25)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8222.jpeg

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My guess is a 50-50 chance he touches the NHL.

He's a late bloomer and he's a giant. The National Team has used him a few times. Also has to adjust to AHL.

Obviously, I hope it goes really well but I'll say 50-50 chance he gets more than 10 NHL games before the 2 year expires. While not a Dman. reminds me of the Klapka signing... another raw giant that did get in a few NHL games and is, now, doing well in AHL. As far as any D precidence like this.. SImek, Kempny and Rutta were all later discoveries in their careers and came to NHL. Sustr would be another.

To me, feels like boom or bust and a good risk. Also, Florida is pretty awesome and I'm not sure how he'd crack that lineup anytime soon.

Reactions: harv33173

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
My guess is a 50-50 chance he touches the NHL.

He's a late bloomer and he's a giant. The National Team has used him a few times. Also has to adjust to AHL.

Obviously, I hope it goes really well but I'll say 50-50 chance he gets more than 10 NHL games before the 2 year expires. While not a Dman. reminds me of the Klapka signing... another raw giant that did get in a few NHL games and is, now, doing well in AHL. As far as any D precidence like this.. SImek, Kempny and Rutta were all later discoveries in their careers and came to NHL. Sustr would be another.

To me, feels like boom or bust and a good risk. Also, Florida is pretty awesome and I'm not sure how he'd crack that lineup anytime soon.
Best way to think of it: Florida has really bad depth for D prospects outside Benning so it is a good development situation. With cap pressures, Florida will be force to have 1-2 D prospects ready to go

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
of course, if Hovorka plays just one game he'll can be proud.

I like his chances of chiseling out a steady role in the nhl.
While I get what you are saying and tend to agree. Eg. no GM is looking for the next 'Andrej Sustr'.

He did get in 360 NHL games and stuck for 8 seasons (obviuosly, not all full time). For Czech D standards that is about as high as it gets. So, from a Czech perspective, it was meant as a compliment. I'd be ecstatic if Hovorka ended up with over 300 NHL games.

Reactions: wingerdinger

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
While I get what you are saying and tend to agree. Eg. no GM is looking for the next 'Andrej Sustr'.

He did get in 360 NHL games and stuck for 8 seasons (obviuosly, not all full time). For Czech D standards that is about as high as it gets. So, from a Czech perspective, it was meant as a compliment. I'd be ecstatic if Hovorka ended up with over 300 NHL games.
I only have a problem with Sustr because I thought he played a soft game for a guy his size. Does Hovorka have a mean streak in him?

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I only have a problem with Sustr because I thought he played a soft game for a guy his size. Does Hovorka have a mean streak in him?
TBH.. I haven't seen much of him. He entered my radar with a Euro Hockey Tour invite which was surprising. Then I was reading 11 teams were scouting him. Then this. I'll probably know a lot more in a year as he's now on my radar.lol Extraliga isn't exactly a gold mine for NHL talent.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Also, on a completely random note.. while we had our exchange.. Sustr just scored against Germany in National Team Exhibition games for the upcoming World's.lol

• Haha

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Also, on a completely random note.. while we had our exchange.. Sustr just scored against Germany in National Team Exhibition games for the upcoming World's.lol
Happens all the time. Whenever I shit on a player he scores, like clockwork.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad