Confirmed Trade: [FLA/CGY] Sam Bennett and 2022 6th round pick for Emil Heineman and 2022 2nd round pick

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
First move by Zito in Florida that I don't like but if Bennett meshes well with Quenneville it could really pay off.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Fitz - look at this deal and take notes on how to get value on trades...
Very good return for the Flames. I cannot believe it. It has to be conditional 2nd or ???

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Calgary got more for Sam Bennett than Buffalo did for Taylor Hall and Curtis Lazar. I'm not sure that's a great deal for Florida. But if it wins them a playoff series, who cares, I guess.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
Good job Calgary for trading heart and soul players like Bennett and keeping soft as butter cinderellas like Monahan and Gaudreau.
What a stupid post. We would have lost him to the Kraken and the Flames got not just one, but the value of TWO seconds for Sam Bennett? That's more than Hall got. I'm not sure anyone could expect more than that and I'm sure any poster proposing this as a trade idea would have been laughed off hfboards.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
What a weird timing for Calgary for trade Bennet, to a weird fit, for a weird return. What is this??

I think Bennets real issue is his size. If he was some cms taller, and stronger, he would be a good complimentary player. WIth that size, its just enough in juniors. Dont know why Burke didnt thought of that when drafting him.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Awesome! Hope he gets a chance to play center in the top 9. I don't watch Calgary, but I've heard that he has the skill and the desire to play C up the lineup, and I hope playing with somebody like Huby or Verhaeghe can spark him.
Doesn't hurt that we have Hornqvist to show him a few tricks around the net.

Reactions: Fig

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
What a weird timing for Calgary for trade Bennet, to a weird fit, for a weird return. What is this??

I think Bennets real issue is his size. If he was some cms taller, and stronger, he would be a good complimentary player. WIth that size, its just enough in juniors. Dont know why Burke didnt thought of that when drafting him.

Weird timing? It's the trade deadline day

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Frustrating player for sure. Not many guys can pull off being a fan favourite and a team whipping boy at the same time. Wish him luck in Florida, Q will like him I think. Good skater, hits like a truck, and improved defensively over his time here.

Creates some good scoring chances when he's driving the net. Zero finish though. Glad the Flames were able to get some value for him considering his lack of production.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Heineman is Tkachuk-lite and should have been drafted in the 1st round. Big W for Calgary.
Yeah, I love Heineman as a prospect. Would have considered him in the late 1st last year. Relentless forechecker with high IQ and some good finish. Love this pickup for Calgary, exactly the sort of prospect they need. Fwiw my boy @Draft Dynasty had a great video of him on YT.

... And then get another 2nd in the deeper 2022 draft. Calgary did very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad