Confirmed Trade: [FLA/BUF] Brandon Montour for 2021 3rd round pick

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Brandon Montour for 2021 3rd round pick.
There is no withholding of wages.
A smart deal.

@ 50% Ret::popcorn:

1. Eric Staal
2. Taylor Hall - ???
3. Unknown (Reinhart, Ristolainen…) player???

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Remember when Vatanen and Montour were guys deemed borderline untouchable by Ducks fans? What a time to be alive

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I've always liked Montour, and I think he'll do great now that he's free from the disaster the current Sabres are.

Honestly, sometimes the disaster on a team is due to the players playing like ass. While Montour has improved some since Granato took over for the "motivational speaker" coach, Montour is still terrible defensively. And those issues were plaguing Montour even before he went to Buffalo. Which is why Anaheim were happy to be rid of him and managed to fleece Botteril when they did it.

Glad Adams got a 3rd for Montour.

But many other Sabres fans are still stuck on the fact the previous two GMs were a disaster. And they played with team's picks and prospects like they were bubblegum trading cards looking for quick fix solutions.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Honestly, sometimes the disaster on a team is due to the players playing like ass. While Montour has improved some since Granato took over for the "motivational speaker" coach, Montour is still terrible defensively. And those issues were plaguing Montour even before he went to Buffalo. Which is why Anaheim were happy to be rid of him and managed to fleece Botteril when they did it.

Glad Adams got a 3rd for Montour.

But many other Sabres fans are still stuck on the fact the previous two GMs were a disaster. And they played with team's picks and prospects like they were bubblegum trading cards looking for quick fix solutions.

With no cap retained, I’m not sure what Sabres thought they’d get. I hope we are saving cap retention for a better reason.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
you guys are funny with your need to jump in and constantly defend the Matheson trade. Montour can be let go after this season, Matheson was here for half a decade still, so even if he is worse or just as bad, we still moved out an awful contract. And a shit player.

Actually, it was better than that. We not only got rid of Matheson and his contract, but obtained a very good player in return. Paying a late 3rd for Montour is just a low cost gamble...

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I really like this for Florida for a late 3rd. Montour is currently playing his best hockey in a long time, maybe ever. 4 goals and 9 points in last 13 games, and it should be more than that. I'll be watching, and pulling for him.

Reactions: JP Mick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad