Proposal: FLA - ANA

Status
Not open for further replies.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
This entire team is garbage. Anaheim isn’t shipping off Lindholm for one bad season. Besides Lindholm >> Ekblad. And Lindholm is affordable Ekblad isn’t. Ducks are extremely at the cap so that has value also regarding contracts.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Anaheim says no

Better contract, better player

The contract can’t be consumed without shipping someone else out. Ducks are literally at the cap with Silfverberg signing. This trade is horrible all the way around

Lindholm 5.2 million Ekblad 7.5 million.

Ducks can’t afford it.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
OK, wasn't aware of Anaheim's cap crunch. How about:

Ekblad, Malgin, 2nd round pick

for

Lindholm, Henrique?

Clears out cash and adds a talented (cheap) young center/winger and some futures

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
OK, wasn't aware of Anaheim's cap crunch. How about:

Ekblad, Malgin, 2nd round pick

for

Lindholm, Henrique?

Clears out cash and adds a talented (cheap) young center/winger and some futures

So we give up the better 2 players and end up with a 2nd for our troubles? pass

Also, the entire premise is flawed. There pretty much is no scenario where we want to give up Lindholm for Ekblad

Reactions: I am not exposed

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Quit trying to ship out Ekblad. Despite the Panthers record this year, which I'd chalk up to a mix of odd coaching and ECHL goaltending, Ekblad has turned a corner.

Turned a corner with Ekblad making 7.5 million annual for 8 years? Yah right he’s not worth that contract at all. I’ll keep Lindholm at 5.2 hands down

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Turned a corner with Ekblad making 7.5 million annual for 8 years? Yah right he’s not worth that contract at all. I’ll keep Lindholm at 5.2 hands down

He's overpaid maybe a million right now. Which isn't great but for a top 2 D it's acceptable especially since he's just 23 years old and is still improving.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
He's overpaid maybe a million right now. Which isn't great but for a top 2 D it's acceptable especially since he's just 23 years old and is still improving.

Why does Anaheim do it with lindholm being the same and cheaper? Please explain this

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
You shouldn't do it but claiming Ek isn't worth that contact at all isn't true.
Lindholm makes 5.2...Ekblad makes 7.5....

7.5 is pretty high on defensemen list of cap hits - actually 7th if I'm not mistaken.

Does his play justify 7.5 to you then?

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I get why someone wants Ekblad gone but why would Ducks move Lindholm the better cheaper player? You gotta take other teams wants needs into consideration as well .

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Like I said he's overpaid about a million at the moment.

He’s not worth 7.5 million to the Ducks is what I’m saying. Putting player evaluations aside, Lindholm is over 2 million cheaper than Ekblad. Find another suitor who needs a defenseman. That contract is outrageous for Anaheim being so against the cap.

And you’re acting like a million bucks grows on trees with a very strict cap rule in the NHL. Thats an entry level contract and more regarding cap space.

Cmon you can’t be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad