Proposal: Fixing the Oilers for 2019/2020.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I'm not defending Hoffman, but didn't it later come out that not only was there no proof, it was said she was not the person doing it? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I heard that.

It was never proven in court.

Hoffman asked for evidence from EK, but it was never provided.

There has been animosity between the women and many of the wives/GFs openly distrust Hoffman GF. Surprisingly, they didn't sue EK which would have forced them to reveal the evidence. So the matter simply ended.

Here is an excerpt from the local paper which summarized the details a little better.

According to the factum, Caryk initiated legal proceedings because she says the Karlssons have yet to provide her, or Hoffman, any evidence as to why they believe she was the person behind the harassment campaign.

“The public nature of these allegations against Ms. Caryk have caused grave damage to Ms. Caryk’s reputation and her well-being, even threatening her safety,” according to the factum.

The protection order application was never served to Caryk or tested in court and no order was made. Ottawa police began a criminal harassment investigation into the allegations, but to date, no criminal charges have been laid against Caryk.

Caryk has not only repeatedly denied harassing Karlsson to this newspaper, she has also done so while under oath in a court filing and deposition.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Oilers need to be patient and avoid the temptation to make trades for quick cap fixes. This is what got them in trouble to begin with.

dirtisdirt

Oct 26, 2015
Get rid of Lucic's contract. Which is essentially get rid of proof. Until he is off the books, and they can replace the $6M per year he makes with someone actually worth it, they are strapped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad