Fix the Powerplay.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
My thought.... just roll all 4 lines. Dont use PP lineups for a while. Just run the same lines, same defensive pairs. Just keep playing like its 5 on 5.

I know that can mess with coverage... but we are not scoring amd giving up shorthanders already.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rolling 4 lines won't fix anything. They need to play themselves out of the funk.

I still think Vatanen being a RHS hurts a little bit. Getzlaf on the left half wall feeding a LHS at the point has been money for us in the past.

Ramenbot

May 2, 2010
Burbank
How to fix it:

When the other team takes a penalty, the Ducks should take one, as well. This sets up a favorable even-strength scenario, and they won't have to worry about the man advantage-disadvantage.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
One play we haven't used in a long time worked wonders when Fredrik Olausson was on the blue line. Overload one side, forcing their defense to protect that side, while having the opposite D slip down for a cross ice pass. We led the League in PP conversion success using that play. Would be nice to bring it back.

JeffShibley

Jul 31, 2005
One way to improve the power play is to take Fowler off of it. I am a big fan of his, but he is point repellent.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
I'm not so sure about that. He was 3rd in PP/TOI last season, and posted less PP points than both Fowler and Beauchemin, although he led in goals scored (3 goals). But I do think he had a good presence on the PP, in the fact that goalies and the PK feared is shot, which maybe opened up some more space for the other guys.

I don't think Vatanen works too good on the PP. Seems to me like he's breaking up the flow by taking random shots. I would like Fowler/Lindholm and Beauchemin on the points. Getzlaf on his usual left side with Perry besides the net and Bonino on the right side.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Lines wont make much of a difference.

This team needs to remember how to play when they have thinking time.

5on5 with pressure and very little thinking time they do great, on PP when there is less pressure and more time to think they are terrible.

They are over complicating the PP and missing passes, need to just keep it simple and get some rebounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad