U17: Five Nations Tournament in Plzen, Czechia (12-17 April)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Wonder if this is where Benak is! He should be at U18 camp IMO.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
We have only won 2 of our last 7 games i think vs the top nations.. Seems like Zetterberg is levels above the rest but Lucas Pettersson has rised the past months, 19 Points in 29 J20 games in not so bad when looking at the rest of the 06 forwards..

Sterner - Zetterberg - Hesselvall
Nordlund - Pettersson - Zetterlund
Berglund - Eriksson - Eklund
Toresson - Holst - Crookes
Jarbsjö

Frej - Sahlin Wallenius
Olsson - Sigurd
Stadin - Sjöqvist
Gustavsson

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Slovakia U17 nomination:
Source: Hockeyslovakia.sk
Fabian Andrej LIČKOHC Slovan Bratislava
Maxim PETRASHC Slovan Bratislava
Miroslav ŠATANHC Slovan Bratislava
David POHANKAHC Slovan Bratislava/HC Dukla Senica
Adam BELUŠKOHC Košice
Michal LIŠČINSKÝHC Košice
Pavol PROKOPOVIČHK Mládež Michalovce
Tomáš POBEŽALHK Nitra
Richard HAZALAMMHK Nitra
Martin Rudolf LIŠKAMMHK Nitra
Tomáš ŠLANKMMHK Nitra
Simon SEMANČÍKHK ŠKP Poprad
Jakub HARVÁNEKHK Dukla Trenčín
Samuel KUPECHK Dukla Trenčín
Ondrej MARUNAHK Dukla Trenčín
Richard RAFAJHK Dukla Trenčín
Tobias TOMÍKHK Dukla Trenčín
Vladimír DRAVECKÝHC Oceláři Třinec (ČR)
Ján CHOVANTappara (Fín.)
Andrej TOMAŠECKooKoo (Fín.)
Alex Miroslav ZÁLEŠÁKMoDo Hockey (Švéd.)
Luka RADIVOJEVIČÖrebro HK/Švéd.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns

Goalies:
Rimpinen Petteri, TPS Turku
Saarinen Kim, HPK Hämeenlinna

Defenders:
Amhamdi Onni, Pelicans Lahti
Jalasti Bruno, HIFK Helsinki
Marila Eelis, HIFK Helsinki
Nieminen Daniel, Pelicans Lahti
Soini Sebastian, Ilves Tampere
Vikla Atte, Jokerit Helsinki
Välilä Arttu, Lukko Rauma

Forwards:
Hemming Emil, TPS Turku
Keinänen Juho, Jokerit Helsinki
Loponen Markus, Kärpät Oulu
Paqvalin Joonas, Jokerit Helsinki
Pulkkanen Akseli, KalPa Kuopio
Ruohonen Heikki, Kiekko-Espoo
Saarelainen Joona, KalPa Kuopio
Sinivuori Lauri, HIFK Helsinki
Suoniemi Tuomas, TPS Turku
Teshome Natan, Jokerit Helsinki
Vesterinen Roope, HPK Hämeenlinna
Viuhkola Nooa, Kärpät Oulu
Väärälä Ville, Tappara Tampere

Head Coach:
Kauppinen Marko

So both Marila and Vesterinen from last U18 tournament are here that would signal neither made the U18 World Champs. Also notably Mitja Jokinen and Julius Miettinen missing together with the usual suspects Kiviharju, Väisänen, Muhonen, Helenius would signal they made the team. Nykyri missing too but I doubt he made the U18 team.

FHC

Apr 2, 2023
20230408_180111.jpg
czechia roster

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Wait till badinka and skok make the roster!
It is almost certain that Badinka will be nominated. I criticized him, he didn't play well the last time, after all, he was written about as a player from the first two rounds of the draft. And then a person has different standards. But unlike Galvas, he's 05, he's older.. As for Skok, I haven't seen him play, so I won't be negative or sarcastic about him. Anyway, I'm surprised he's still on the team, I didn't know him at all a few months back and I really didn't expect him to get priority over Galvas. But then it's Petr and that's enough as an explanation:snide:

Reactions: Czechboy

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
It is almost certain that Badinka will be nominated. I criticized him, he didn't play well the last time, after all, he was written about as a player from the first two rounds of the draft. And then a person has different standards. But unlike Galvas, he's 05, he's older.. As for Skok, I haven't seen him play, so I won't be negative or sarcastic about him. Anyway, I'm surprised he's still on the team, I didn't know him at all a few months back and I really didn't expect him to get priority over Galvas. But then it's Petr and that's enough as an explanation:snide:
Galvas was probaly deemed not ready physically, same with Benak. That being said, in the little I have seen of Galvas in Extraliga, he already did quite well for an undersized defenseman, no reason to think he couldn't handle the U18s in some sheltered role. Instead, we will get to see some manchild with zero skills on the bottom pair...

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Galvas was probaly deemed not ready physically, same with Benak. That being said, in the little I have seen of Galvas in Extraliga, he already did quite well for an undersized defenseman, no reason to think he couldn't handle the U18s in some sheltered role. Instead, we will get to see some manchild with zero skills on the bottom pair...
I think the same. There will probably be someone like Matějíček. No creative skills, just kilograms and centimeters in action. And Petr explains it by saying that everyone will have their own tasks in the team:confused:

Reactions: Czechboy and Wooren

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think the same. There will probably be someone like Matějíček. No creative skills, just kilograms and centimeters in action. And Petr explains it by saying that everyone will have their own tasks in the team:confused:
His task is to look big.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Today I went to watch the match Sweden - Finland. Unfortunately, Tre Kronor lost and you can't say it wasn't undeserved. Sweden was slightly better in the first two periods, in the third period Laring had far more work than Saarinen on the other side.

I was disappointed by the play of the defense, I didn't see any defender there who had good offensive instincts, twice the defender even fell all by himself, without contact with the opponent. I really liked how the attackers helped the defense, several times it looked like the Finns would get away with them 3vs2 or 2vs1, but the timely return of the attacker meant that the opponent didn't even shoot.

Of course I was interested in Zetterlund, William Eklund's brother Victor and Toresson. You probably stood out the most from the whole team. I think Olsson or Holst Persson, one of them got a five minute penalty when he hit an opponent and it was classified as a blow to the head or neck area. On the other hand, a Finnish player also received a minor penalty, but only for two minutes, because the Swede was not on the ice and went to the substitute himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad