U19: Five Nations Tournament in Kloten, Switzerland (6-9 February)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Was a pretty interesting tournament with Switzerland, Czechia and Finland winning three games each. Lots of tight games. Sadly, Germany wasn't really competitive. 1:29 goals, 61:207 shots. The only team they held to below 50 shots was Sweden (46).

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What were the final standings?
Bild_2024-02-10_192725903.png

You can find all the stats here:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Nice job Switzerland! Did not see them winning this tbh.
Yeah, especially since the 05 group is very weak. Home advantage was a thing probably. I don't think they were the best team. They just had the best goaltender (sadly only played two games) and played solid defense...which was enough because most elite prospects didn't play this tournament.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, especially since the 05 group is very weak. Home advantage was a thing probably. I don't think they were the best team. They just had the best goaltender (sadly only played two games) and played solid defense...which was enough because most elite prospects didn't play this tournament.
I think the Plymouth tourney has had some good Swiss results too.

I fear the Swiss are in for a decline so hopefully the ship is righting itself a bit and I'm dead wrong.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I think the Plymouth tourney has had some good Swiss results too.

I fear the Swiss are in for a decline so hopefully the ship is righting itself a bit and I'm dead wrong.
Yeah...slowly declining I'd say. Swiss junior leagues are a problem and we're lacking capable coaches at all levels. Having said that, the 06 group is very strong. The strongest in years, maybe in forever. That's also why the coaches decided to play Neuenschwander in Kloten...would have been one of the younger players in Plymouth as well.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Dorthe was on the Central Scouting preliminary list, Reber was not.
Look, I agree with you. It's highly unlikely. I just think that, given it's his first year of eligibility it's not completelely impossible. Takes only one team. Players with worse stats did get drafted. And Dorthe does provide a lot more than scoring.

Btw: Simeoni starting today. Boo. I don't get it. Why split starts just for the sake of it?
Yeah, I only checked the most recent list and assumed he wasn't on the preliminary list either. Still, you can find countless players with equal or better offense than Dorthe that have comparable defensive abilities in the CHL alone. And lets not forget that there is some obvious bias against Swiss "fringe players" in the draft as well. I'd bet my house that he doesn't get picked...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad