Five members from Canada’s 2018 world junior team (Hart, McLeod, Dube, Foote and Formenton) told to surrender to police, facing sexual assault charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Not sure why she's so hung up on his wording of saying "fortunate bounce", he was just saying luckily he wasn't coincidentally in the room but he was probably better off not saying anything to avoid the pitchfork and torch mob over every little detail like we get on here 🙄
He was in a bad spot, if he just said no comment or the lawyer said no statement at this time, the speculation would be in full gear

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Adjectives are hard to understand, apparently.

For anybody still confused by the term, please watch this video. It's 20 minutes long, and if you've got time to shitpost here, you've got time to watch it.

I skimmed it and again this is a situation where current cultural rules and the realities don't jive.
Things like this are only ever an issue when things are going well, when hard times hit, ie war, famine etc those notions of toxic masculinity disappear
like really, your family is in danger and you have 2 choices, an alpha chad or a beta bill, who you picking?????

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
So are we allowed to assume the sequence of events that took place that night in here or no?

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
like really, your family is in danger and you have 2 choices, an alpha chad or a beta bill, who you picking?????
When you've been coaching and participating in boxing for as long as I have, the answer to that is neither can stop a bullet and the percentage of either of them being able to actually fight is about equal. If you really think a masculine alpha guy is going to tell any of the women in my boxing club he's going to protect them, you will be rightfully laughed out of the gym.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
When you've been coaching and participating in boxing for as long as I have, the answer to that is neither can stop a bullet and the percentage of either of them being able to actually fight is about equal. If you really think a masculine alpha guy is going to tell any of the women in my boxing club he's going to protect them, you will be rightfully laughed out of the gym.
even Tyson Fury or Ngannou?

I remember seeing something a few weeks ago about a top female boxer being mad at a guy and calling him out, so she sparred with a no name 0 pro fight smaller weight class male and he concussed her, from what I gather this was a situation where none of the males even wanted to spar her so she managed to find 1 who was not even boxing her, so she got mad and he gave her a 3 piece(r body>l body, r hook on exit) and she was done

Last edited:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Right? I want the dude who is trained in combat, not the guy who puffs out his chest and talks shit about gay people and slaps girls asses in the hallway. At this point you have to just presume that folks are willfully not getting it.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
even Tyson Fury or Ngannou?

I remember seeing something a few weeks ago about a top female boxer being mad at a guy and calling him out, so she sparred with a no name 0 pro fight smaller weight class male and he concussed her
Those are trained fighters. Not some mythical alpha chads. And I'm sure you see a lot of things on the internet. Almost every day I see a trained professional boxers spar with each other regardless of their biological sex. So, quite often, men and women spar against each other. Iron sharpens iron. With the right level of discipline and commitment, anyone can do it.

Right? I want the dude who is trained in combat, not the guy who puffs out his chest and talks shit about gay people and slaps girls asses in the hallway. At this point you have to just presume that folks are willfully not getting it.
One of my favorite things is the occasional "alpha male" coming to their first session and handing them a bucket an hour later knowing they just paid for a full month and I'll never see them again.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
what if Strickland shows up?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Those are trained fighters. Not some mythical alpha chads. And I'm sure you see a lot of things on the internet. Almost every day I see a trained professional boxers spar with each other regardless of their biological sex. So, quite often, men and women spar against each other. Iron sharpens iron. With the right level of discipline and commitment, anyone can do it.

One of my favorite things is the occasional "alpha male" coming to their first session and handing them a bucket an hour later knowing they just paid for a full month and I'll never see them again.
boxing training is no joke, I never "trained" per say but I spent a ton of time messing around in the gym. 1 of my best friends' fathers won a boxing medal at the Commonwealth Games in the 80's he, his brother and father used to train kids in my area
wouldn't even let me put on gloves till I could skip non stop for 10 mins and run 1 mile
still remember the old man, " no son, only boxers get to wear gloves" lol

Reactions: Bone Density

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
The money's all the same to me. Whatever theater he has to do to put a little more money in Dana White's pocket isn't my problem. We have a few UFC guys that do come through but we do strictly boxing.
it was meant as a joke because he said he wanted a trained fighter rather than a guy who tlks shit and smacks asses lol
so I gave him both lol

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
boxing training is no joke, I never "trained" per say but I spent a ton of time messing around in the gym. 1 of my best friends' fathers won a boxing medal at the Commonwealth Games in the 80's he, his brother and father used to train kids in my area
wouldn't even let me put on gloves till I could skip non stop for 10 mins and run 1 mile
Training is miserable. Most of that is doing the stuff that everyone hates and doing it over and over and over and over every single day. I've done a few other sports including hockey. Nothing compares to training for boxing. Not even close. If someone wants to be taken seriously by the coaches, they need to run every single day. Our warmups are 15-20 minutes of skipping. You're not getting in a ring or putting on gloves until you get there. The person we put the most work into whose already been a champ skips for almost 2 hours in a sauna suit to warmup if he's in camp. It's gross almost all the time. I love it.

• Wow
Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The five guys in this case will be tried for sexual assist. Likely they are guilty regardless of the court findings. But not too sure where the “sadism” comes from? Please explain.
The guy I replied to listed a bunch of revolting, humiliating acts. Sadism may not be a totally accurate description for them. However, masculinity certainly isn't.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Training is miserable. Most of that is doing the stuff that everyone hates and doing it over and over and over and over every single day. I've done a few other sports including hockey. Nothing compares to training for boxing. Not even close. If someone wants to be taken seriously by the coaches, they need to run every single day. Our warmups are 15-20 minutes of skipping. You're not getting in a ring or putting on gloves until you get there. The person we put the most work into whose already been a champ skips for almost 2 hours in a sauna suit to warmup if he's in camp. It's gross almost all the time. I love it.
did you ever run drills like this?
1 of the few times me and my buddy got into the ring and got attention from the old man he would make us do the same thing.
He was taller and longer and I'm short and muscular. so he would have my buddy jab and use foot work and my job was to work on head movement and foot work, I wasn't allowed to throw punches, just foot work and head movement to get inside. If I could get him against the ropes or in a corner we reset in the middle .
He used to joke that my reach was soo small that he didn't need to teach me a jab lol

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Isn’t there a rule that if you take more than 5 min to get your pizza, you’re really not getting pizza? This mystery, as described by our resident subject matter experts, has taken a loathing turn; bro swords, pizza lures, toxic alpha men, alpha toxic men, boxing movies and non combat trained ass slappers. I feel like that kid in the Airplane cockpit.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Isn’t there a rule that if you take more than 5 min to get your pizza, you’re really not getting pizza? This mystery, as described by our resident subject matter experts, has taken a loathing turn; bro swords, pizza lures, toxic alpha men, alpha toxic men, boxing movies and non combat trained ass slappers. I feel like that kid in the Airplane cockpit.
its all entertainment for the new guy that stumbles across this thread in a cpl years lol

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Obviously makar didn't mean being part of the assault as a lucky bounce, rather being in proximity to it. Really dumb comment regardless

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I skimmed it and again this is a situation where current cultural rules and the realities don't jive.
Things like this are only ever an issue when things are going well, when hard times hit, ie war, famine etc those notions of toxic masculinity disappear
You know who's the biggest critic of the idea of alphas and betas? The guy who presented the paper on it and coined the terms. Everybody I've met that feels the need to label themselves as an "alpha" are the most insecure people I've ever known and are dog shit the moment things get tough.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
That has absolutely nothing to do with masculinity. What you described is sadism.
It is literally called - and an article and study about - toxic masculinity. Like many other studies and articles, and like the experiences that unfortunately far far too many people have experienced.

But it's ok, I totally understand why people deny reality. Carry on.

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Why do we have people in here commenting about boxing? How is that relevant to this topic? Who gives a flying f*** if you can box or not. This is a hockey forum lol

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You know who's the biggest critic of the idea of alphas and betas? The guy who presented the paper on it and coined the terms. Everybody I've met that feels the need to label themselves as an "alpha" are the most insecure people I've ever known and are dog shit the moment things get tough.
well yea, real alpacas are only really found in times of crisis.
tons of stories from war where the toughest guy just pisses their pants and cries for their mother where the lil quiet guy just takes over and calmly restores order.

Why do we have people in here commenting about boxing? How is that relevant to this topic? Who gives a flying f*** if you can box or not. This is a hockey forum lol
if you have seen anything relevant in the last 30 pages let me know?

It is literally called - and an article and study about - toxic masculinity. Like many other studies and articles, and like the experiences that unfortunately far far too many people have experienced.

But it's ok, I totally understand why people deny reality. Carry on.
well it would appear that article has a planned narrative if they are trying to associate sadism with any form of masculinity

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
well yea, real alpacas are only really found in times of crisis.
tons of stories from war where the toughest guy just pisses their pants and cries for their mother where the lil quiet guy just takes over and calmly restores order.

if you have seen anything relevant in the last 30 pages let me know?

well it would appear that article has a planned narrative if they are trying to associate sadism with any form of masculinity
An aside: I love alpacas :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad