Fisher Named Captain

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I had 102.5 on this AM (to listen to the new show for a sec)

so this afternoon, Jerred PunchableFace says the Preds have an announcement tomorrow with Lavy and Poile.

I would guess captain, and Josi isn't in town. So Fish?

BTW I see nothing on twitter unless it broke in the last 5 mins.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I had 102.5 on this AM (to listen to the new show for a sec)

so this afternoon, Jerred PunchableFace says the Preds have an announcement tomorrow with Lavy and Poile.

I would guess captain, and Josi isn't in town. So Fish?

BTW I see nothing on twitter unless it broke in the last 5 mins.

XM Radio guys were discussing this last night, said initially the announcement was today, now postponed until tomorrow.

Im guessing Fisher, which is fine. Josi will get the C eventually.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
XM Radio guys were discussing this last night, said initially the announcement was today, now postponed until tomorrow.

Im guessing Fisher, which is fine. Josi will get the C eventually.

Yes it is Fisher. And my money is on Subban when Fish retires. I think ownership/management want this franchise to take the next step in getting more national exposure and making one of the real superstars in this league the face of the franchise makes sense.

I mean look how much they have promoted him so far, and he hasn't even practiced yet. The guy has a great personality, gives back a ton to his community, and oh yeah is also one of the best D-men in the game.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Yep, Fish.

w768xh576_USAT_144332.jpg

Subban next season? We'll see...

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
As I explained to somebody today it's all over blown anyway. Fisher is more interesting and quotable than Weber, but everybody is going to want to talk to P.K....he'll be the voice and representative of the Preds nationally. Fisher leads the room, and we all know who will be the outside media and inside leaders from there.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The face of the franchise in the eye of the public doesn't have to be the captain, so Fisher it shall be. Hell yes.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Apparently Fisher will be named captain.
The thing I don't understand is that he is an ufa next season.
So are the preds planning to give him an extension after that? Because being a captain for 1 season doesn't make too much sense.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I don't mind if it's for one season or two, I think he's absolutely deserving for whatever timeframe it is. It won't be a huge change in leadership as Fisher has already been part of that group and a very visible part of it as well.

If it goes to Subban, Josi or Forsberg after that, they're all still young guys and will have plenty of years to lead after Fisher.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Apparently Fisher will be named captain.
The thing I don't understand is that he is an ufa next season.
So are the preds planning to give him an extension after that? Because being a captain for 1 season doesn't make too much sense.

Fisher is pretty much the one player I'm confident would never switch teams, he'll retire a Predator.
Him being captain for only a year will be fine as it gives everybody a chance to prove their leadership, players like Subban and Johansen have been with the team less than a year, maybe one of them will go above and beyond what our mgmt. has seen from them. Although I think Josi gets it after Fish myself.

Great choice, I'm pretty sure we all could see it coming.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
The quote is not exact.. Mike Fisher will be a Predator as long as he wants to play the game. GMDP. So, This is not a 1 year Captaincy unless Fish wants to leave after the season. He can Brett Favre as a 4th liner in perpetuity if he chooses but 2-3 yrs realistically IMO :handclap:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The quote is not exact.. Mike Fisher will be a Predator as long as he wants to play the game. GMDP. So, This is not a 1 year Captaincy unless Fish wants to leave after the season. He can Brett Favre as a 4th liner in perpetuity if he chooses but 2-3 yrs realistically IMO :handclap:

Fisher still has something in the tank(the playoffs last year proved that) and probably thinks (like weber apparently did) that this team is close to winning it all, and after Ribs presumed departure after this year we are gonna need a 3C even if Kamanev is good to go. I see another 2 year extension at very reasonable money . I think the assumptions that he would retire after this year have been on our part, but not so much what he's thinking

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Fisher still has something in the tank(the playoffs last year proved that) and probably thinks (like weber apparently did) that this team is close to winning it all, and after Ribs presumed departure after this year we are gonna need a 3C even if Kamanev is good to go. I see another 2 year extension at very reasonable money . I think the assumptions that he would retire after this year have been on our part, but not so much what he's thinking
True, and I'm not really sure why that is. I don't know if it's us just simply thinking that he would play out one last contract after fighting his way back from injury or what, but there's zero doubt in my mind that he's physically capable of playing at least two years if he wants. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who could eventually become a liability by playing "too long". I think he's a player who could always bring something to the table as long as he's out there.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Wasn't there a poster who posted something in 2013-14 or so that Fisher would play out that contract and retire? The poster had some insider info or something. Of course maybe the team turning around their on-ice play gave him a change of heart.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So, guess I'll be getting a C sewn on my Fisher jersey now, just because, why not? But I've never gotten anything like that put on a jersey. I've had names put on them before but they're always pre-made or sent somewhere to be sewn on. For something as simple as adding a C on there do you guys think just taking it to the Pro Shop and getting it heat pressed on would be sufficient? And how much does it cost if any of you all have done it?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Wasn't there a poster who posted something in 2013-14 or so that Fisher would play out that contract and retire? The poster had some insider info or something. Of course maybe the team turning around their on-ice play gave him a change of heart.

Yeah, I remember there were some pretty big rumors a few years back.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

A lot can change in three years.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I'm 0 for 4 in guessing new Preds captains. Still think Fisher is a great choice and will look for him to rebound this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad