Post-Game Talk: Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Regardless if the Pelech hit on Mika was intentional or not, Lavs take in the presser is him doing his job for the betterment of the team.

These teams may face off in the playoffs and theres another game against them this week.

Making a big deal about it puts the onus on the refs to keep a closer eye, even if its subconsciously.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
What coming from behind to win as often as we have should tell us that the Rangers worst periods are first periods. As much as all the Rangers apparatchiks like to point out our coming from behind prowess if that's how it's going to be with all the comebacks you can't have the one without the other. We need to have shitty first periods to accomplish that.

Isles fans think Mika slew foot Palmieri. I can't argue with that too much but it looked to me unintentional in that his head and direction were straight towards an Isles defenseman waiting for the puck to come around to him at the point and that never wavered. I'm not in Mika's mind though and I'm not in Pelech's mind to say what he did was unintentional. That said hockey is a collision sport and getting even for bad hits is part of the game and if we can do it better than our opponents that just sucks for them. Whatever it might be round two between Rempe and Martin the next time or even round 1 between Rempe and Bertuzzo and I'd like to see Matthew knocking around their D all night long.

Reactions: egelband

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Regardless if the Pelech hit on Mika was intentional or not, Lavs take in the presser is him doing his job for the betterment of the team.

These teams may face off in the playoffs and theres another game against them this week.

Making a big deal about it puts the onus on the refs to keep a closer eye, even if its subconsciously.
If we play them in the playoffs, count on losing at least one key forward. They are out to deliberately sabotage us.

Wonder if Trochek gets anything
For what? Getting mugged?

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Very understandable. They were absolutely not ready to play when the puck dropped. Saturday will be different.

Why does it have to be different? Why can't we just smoke them from start to finish from time to time. Come out ready to play from the opening puck drop more often times than not.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Again, we are looking at this the wrong way.

A near meaningless game had 3 major injury scares, none of which turned out to be a long term concerns. That's the message here. We don't want another situation like Ryan Callahan breaking his leg against the Bruins.

Mika, Kreider, Lindgren should all get a game or two off in the squad rotation.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Why does it have to be different? Why can't we just smoke them from start to finish from time to time. Come out ready to play from the opening puck drop more often times than not.
Coming in peace but in these Islanders Rangers matchup for several years now I’ve never seen these Rangers beat the Isles it was always the Islanders beating themselves.

That’s why I hope our teams face each other in early rounds. I like my teams chances because the problem they are having is fixable.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
That same basic knowledge will tell you he wouldn't have last thru first period (if that long).

That too is on Lavy.

Guy can hit, he can easily park his ass in front of the goalie and shove defenders away.

Hopefully, it doesn't get to that point, but if a player gets injured, you may have to utilize him more.

Better for him to get more minutes now.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
That Pelech "collision" was the most accidentally on purpose shit I've ever seen.

Slick move by Pelech I'll give him that. Mika took a look to see if his path was clear and Pelech had forward momentum to go over the red line. Mika looked away, Pelech puts on the brakes to stand right in his way and Mika didn't get his head over in time.

Biggest problem with this game was Laviolette for not playing Rempe in such an important game. This is the very definition of the type of game you play Rempe in. Brodzinski is a quintessential non-factor out there.

Again, as I've said 300 times throughout this year. If Kreider and Zibanejad don't start producing 5 on 5 we're going nowhere. The Panarin line is going to get shut down at numerous points during the playoffs, it's just what good teams do.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Again, we are looking at this the wrong way.

A near meaningless game had 3 major injury scares, none of which turned out to be a long term concerns. That's the message here. We don't want another situation like Ryan Callahan breaking his leg against the Bruins.

Mika, Kreider, Lindgren should all get a game or two off in the squad rotation.
I’d rather them get load management then have them floating around for the rest of the games .

I know Lindgren would never float but you get my drift.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They do but during a very long season shit happens.

Looking at the replay of the Pelech hit on Mika, the scumbag didn't even check to see if Mika was alright. Just skates away after seeing him hurt on the ice. What a POS. They are out to hurt the players.

It's always been that way. Their "identity" line made a career out of hitting guys in vulnerable positions. Islanders were looking to hurt our guys the entire game because they were pissed off about the Zibanejad "slewfoot" on Palmieri and Cuylle finishing his check on that spaz Horvat at the end of the 2nd, who shouldve been penalized for roughing. Pelech going right after Fox in the scrum tipped their hand. Dont tell the Islanders about the slewfoot on Roslovic in front of their net and Vesey having his skates taken out by Varlamov as a point shot was coming in.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Coming in peace but in these Islanders Rangers matchup for several years now I’ve never seen these Rangers beat the Isles it was always the Islanders beating themselves.

That’s why I hope our teams face each other in early rounds. I like my teams chances because the problem they are having is fixable.

When your team constantly "beats themselves" your team sucks. Good teams don't constantly beat themselves. That's part of knowing how to win.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
When your team constantly "beats themselves" your team sucks. Good teams don't constantly beat themselves. That's part of knowing how to win.

The Rangers beat themselves last night is what he shouldve said lol. It is funny that Islander fans wait until the last possible moment to say anything when we are chilling in a playoff spot and their team doesnt even have the peace of mind to cancel their post season vacations yet.

Any update on Mika?

He was on the bench at the end of the game. I bet he lost a few teeth in the collision.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad