Post-Game Talk: Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
[/QUOTE]
Yep. Have said the same before.
To piggy back on what I mentioned above about them not being prepared for games and have awful 1st periods...

This was a problem under Gallant, as well.

It's not coaching at this point. It's the core veterans.
True. But most teams have the same issue.

Reactions: FUZfan

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wasn't he the Caps' coach for the Wilson incident? I remember him saying something like it wasn't a big deal, just some after the whistle stuff. Hated hearing it then but loved his response last night from our coach. He's probably working the refs too, putting it out there that the Islanders are dirty, just in case they play the Islanders in the first round.
I don’t think he was the coach. Think it was the rando they had before Lavi.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Here's one thing that stuck out to me in the stats for last night's game: the Kreider-Zibanejad-Roslovic line had 7:30 of 5v5 ice time and managed to generated only 0.02 xG while the Trocheck line generated 0.75 xG in nearly 13 minutes, the Goodrow line generated 0.49 xG in 7:50, and the Wennberg line genreated 0.27 xG in 10 minutes. To put that in perspective, in one 30 second shift, Vesey, Brodzinski, and Kakko generated more in terms of xG (0.025) than an entire game from one of our top lines.

The Zibanejad line also did not give up much in terms of xGA, and they looked pretty solid in their own end, so it was just low-event hockey when they were on the ice. I'd take that from my 4th line, but I'd expect more from one of my top 2 lines.
This is the good and the bad of the Mika line. They are basically a commercial break for their time on the ice. It’s a positive for us because - I assume - they’re usually negating the other team’s top line. And they can score a bit too. That’s why coach after coach goes back to that combo. On the other hand, it’s boring and leaves us all wanting more.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I'm getting annoyed about Rempe being dressed as a response. The guy is being pigeonholed as a gimmick. So he's going to trot out there, fight and get another game misconduct and not dress again until the next affair.
I don’t want him going out to fight. I just want more guys who can forecheck, hit, and generally cause mayhem. It can knock an opponent off the rails.

Reactions: will1066 and bl02

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I'm getting annoyed about Rempe being dressed as a response. The guy is being pigeonholed as a gimmick. So he's going to trot out there, fight and get another game misconduct and not dress again until the next affair.
I think the game-plan for him on Saturday is to refuse any and all attempts at staged fighting and to only deliver hard/clean hits on the offensive.
Rempe has proven time and time again he can deliver clean, hard, impactful forechecks when needed and so I think that's how we'll have to utilize him against an uppity Islanders team trying to send us messages. If the Islanders want to escalate things with the Rangers, Laviolette & the boys can handle it.

this Rangers team is not the same soft serve group that was deployed many moons ago

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I know and I agree. He needs to develop as a real player for the good of the team. Not for temporary justice meter-outer. If that makes sense.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Please don't make Saturday a clown show. We have a conference to win.

Can we trust Rempe to play? Honestly don't know.

i think this team has the maturity to handle this the right way. hopefully they come out flying and making a point to finish every hit....certainly wouldn't mind seeing a barzal/horvat get yardsaled with a clean open ice hit...but i'd be shocked if they lose their composure chasing revenge. i wouldn't be surprised if a cuylle/vesey/maybe even kreider challenges pelech at some point but nobody is going to get an instigator doing it and it won't be rempe if he plays. hopefully they play pissed off and aggressive/can actually come out hot for once. no reason to have any expectations of that though, if anything it'll hopefully just be a less damaging repeat of tuesday in the 1st and hopefully thte 4th line isn't your best at 5 on 5 all game.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They promptly posted numbers in the 60's and 70's the other night in their one game with Vesey.

They have their flaws but Roslovic has taken a line that's mildly frustrating and turned them into a line that's just plain bad.

As you alluded to, I understood the gamble, but we need to explore other internal options in the playoffs.

On a related note, I'll take the L on Duclair. I had 0 interest in him but for a comparable price to Roslovic that was a swing and a miss. He's given Tampa a big lift.

Reactions: Machinehead

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

I really dont think the organization sees it that way. The kid is playing a role early in his career. He doesnt need to play everyday or big minutes. Having him around the team and practicing and playing sporadically is going to make him a better player. And when he's needed he is there.

If he's in the lineup tonight or Saturday, it's not to fight Matt Martin. Its to punish their defense with hits to wear them down. It helps that their top D were taking liberties with our top players all game. If that's "payback" or a gimmick, fine, but it makes sense for him to play for strategic reasons and the team culture. But really the main reason he's only playing in home games when Laviolette can control the matchups is probably to keep him out of vulnerable situations.

Rempe has been handled well by the organization & coaching staff, especially the time off after the suspension to get himself right. The rest is just wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad