GDT: Fish @ Bird 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
That was dicey, my heart and liver might not survive a Ducks-Sharks series this season.

Nice, ugly win. Just need everyone to settle back in, not sure about the PP though, that might be a casualty of this healthy roster as odd as that sounds.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Playoff type of game. Ducks are putting some chemistry together. They just need their third line center to shoot instead of pass first.

John

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Currently in a playoff spot, should tie or surpass the three central teams in the WC race, and SJ definitely within striking distance. Kind of incredible they made up that much ground this quickly without some major win streak.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Nice win, however they got it. Sounds like the PP needs the calming influence of some teenager...

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Strange enough, this was the only game Perron has been with us where he hasn't registered a point, yet I thought this was his most effective game.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
our PP needs to be

perron-getz-perry
fowler-vats

rakell-kes-maroon
silf-lindholm

or swap perron and rakell.

no bieksa please. dont' see why we can't just have silf playing the point blasting away and making some passes. he's also not a bad forward to have back there playing d if need be

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Kevin Bieksa 21:12 2nd most on the blueline :rant::cry::shakehead

Bieksa has been much better since he has gotten used to the new defense. Same amount of shifts as Fowler, just 1 minute more in ice time.

Just got back from the game and thought it was a decent game for ducks.

Manson played well - turning into a really good player
Perron played well - he is like a poor mans Perry.
Rakell was as impressive as usual now.
Getz was either great or meh
4th line will be tough to handle if we make the playoffs
Defense was solid
Andersen was the reason we won.

overall no glaring poor players

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Credit where credit's due: Getz was solid. The slighty reduced role with more balanced lines suits him so much better, allowing him to keep things simpler and focus on his strengths. Drop pass count should become the new workplace hazard indicator. Zero for hero, hooray.

Stewart's still struggling as a sidekick, though. My kingdom for a Drouin etc, however you gotta think Bob may be wary of bringing in another big earner. Perron could turn into a keeper.

Kes is immense. What a warrior, we salute you. Kudos to Hampus as well, although I didn't find him quite as dominant as some.

Bruce please please do not rush re-uniting the twins. Maybe in the POs or whatever when the going gets really tough, but for now Rakell-Perry works so well.

LOL for Garbutt and the 4 second goal. Good for him, I have a feeling he just might grow into a larger role. We may have to learn to if not outright like him, at least tolerate. Hah.

Who knew that another Bieksa special would make it tight (doh) but in the end PK and Freddie win the day against a formidable Sharks PP. Stick or not, Freddie owned it today.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Bieksa has been much better since he has gotten used to the new defense. Same amount of shifts as Fowler, just 1 minute more in ice time.

It doesn't matter if Bieksa has gotten better he should not be getting the 2nd most ice time I just hate the Bieksa trade especially with how much ice time he keeps getting.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Oh, and playoffs baby! Should have never been this tough if not for that horrendous record against Coyotes. It still bugs me the way they have made us struggle. I don't think that they will go the distance, but dropping all those points within PAC did hurt and still does.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
It doesn't matter if Bieksa has gotten better he should not be getting the 2nd most ice time I just hate the Bieksa trade especially with how much ice time he keeps getting.

Bieksa has reined it in somewhat which makes him more dependable and less of a loose cannon. However he still keeps getting distracted and losing the plot completely on a whim. Exhibit A the 2nd SJ goal where he inexplicably leaves the crease to engage in a happy bout of wrestling behind the net after Cam is already on the move chasing the puck.

Bieksa is like one of these running AD/HD jokes. He holds it together for a shift or two, just enough for you to notice and nod approvingly, while... OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!!1!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad