First trip to JLA - How early to arrive

acdougla17

Jan 23, 2011
Being the final year of the JLA, my friend and I finally decided to make the trip to see one game at the Joe (I'm coming from NY, he is coming from NC). We are going this Sunday when they play Edmonton and are giving out hats to the first 5000 fans.

I was just wondering, what time should we try to get there in order to be first 5,000?

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Yeah 45 mins is good. Problem is the entrance is way too small for the arena so the wait can get quite long

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I'd say get down there early afternoon for a bite to eat for lunch nearby, and walk around the area and down by the water until an hour before the game when the doors open.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
welcome be sure to check out the gordie howe statue in the concourse, good photo op.

plan your bathroom trips accordingly. I like to go during the period because the intermissions are insane. The concourse is like being trapped in a waking nightmare. If one bathroom looks clobbered try going for a walk because sometimes the next one is virtually empty.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Any suggestions on parking for Sunday's game?

I'd like to get down there early afternoon, grab some food in Greektown then head to the game.

Is there a convenient way to do that and just park once somewhere?

I usually park on the Cobo roof but I really don't know the area or other options.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Any suggestions on parking for Sunday's game?

I'd like to get down there early afternoon, grab some food in Greektown then head to the game.

Is there a convenient way to do that and just park once somewhere?

I usually park on the Cobo roof but I really don't know the area or other options.

quite a few bars offer shuttle rides to the rink. I think Greektown does as well.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
welcome be sure to check out the gordie howe statue in the concourse, good photo op.

plan your bathroom trips accordingly. I like to go during the period because the intermissions are insane. The concourse is like being trapped in a waking nightmare. If one bathroom looks clobbered try going for a walk because sometimes the next one is virtually empty.

If you just have to take a leak...use the upstairs bathroom. Much quicker. Its like above the long concessions near section 107

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
I get there like an hour and a half early so i can get in and buy whatever i want and still see warmups

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Also it's weird that people always talk about the bathrooms. Even if you go during intermission the line for the women's bathroom is like five minutes tops

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Also it's weird that people always talk about the bathrooms. Even if you go during intermission the line for the women's bathroom is like five minutes tops

Granted it's been a few years, and this is annicdotal, but that wasn't remotely the case for my GF. And it wasn't pretty for my father and his wheelchair either. We asked around for other bathrooms for him but nobody knew.

I zipped in and out in 5 minutes, but having experienced it through a different perspective made me reevaluate the "charm" so often cited. Important to keep in mind, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad