First Time Keeper Pool Expansion Draft - HELP!

firstimekeeperpoolie

Jul 23, 2011
Bit of an odd scenario - in an expansion draft with the following players available:

Brassard
Anisimov
Versteeg
Horton
D. Roy
Landeskog
Huberdeau
Larsson

I realize some of these players are no longer prospects, but they have all yet to reach their potential..

In a complete rebuild mode so I currently have my ranks like this:

Larsson
Landeskog
Huberdeau
Brassard
Anisimov
Roy
Horton
Versteeg

Am I way off base?

Thanks

ruski17

Jun 7, 2010
Montreal
Bit of an odd scenario - in an expansion draft with the following players available:

Brassard
Anisimov
Versteeg
Horton
D. Roy
Landeskog
Huberdeau
Larsson

I realize some of these players are no longer prospects, but they have all yet to reach their potential..

In a complete rebuild mode so I currently have my ranks like this:

Larsson
Landeskog
Huberdeau
Brassard
Anisimov
Roy
Horton
Versteeg

Am I way off base?

Thanks

I don't think Larsson will ever put up many points, so he might not be ideal, but if you count +/- then he could be your guy. More of a shutdown defenceman IMO.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I disagree with the poster above. I think Larsson will have a great opportunity in NJ to rack up the points and I think he's going to develop into a STAR defenseman. I'd take him out of everyone there without even second guessing myself.

Defense_1st

Jun 2, 2006
Wpg,Canada
Larsson
Landeskog
Huberdeau
Roy
Horton
Brassard
Anisimov
Versteeg

Thats the way I see it. It's not like Roy and Horton are to old for your team if you are in build mode. You definetley should take Larsson though.

Gorgeous George

Mar 1, 2002
Temple Bar
Visit site
Unless you require defenceman, I would rank the players as follows:

1. Landeskog
2. Horton
3. Huberdeau
4. Larsson
5. Brassard
6. Anisimov
7. Roy
8. Versteeg

I think Horton should be ranked higher, even considering it is an expansion draft.

Power forwards take longer to develop, and Horton is just hitting his stride at a relatively young age. Should be good for 70+ pts for many years to come. Not to mention, great trade bait for future 1sts.

firstimekeeperpoolie

Jul 23, 2011
Thanks for all the help guys. Horton was scooped up, so I landed Larsson and Landeskog.

One last question - how would you rank the following:

93 Huberdeau
88 Artem Anisimov
87 D. Brassard
83 Derek Roy
90 Hodgson
90 John Moore
89 O. Moller
93 J.T Miller
89 Aulie
92 Joe Morrow
90 Kyle Beach
88 Zach Hamill
87 Jack Skille
87 Brian Lee

Thanks

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
As a Kings fan, I'd say definitely stay away from Moller. He's skilled but unless he gets traded, he won't play in the NHL. He's also playing in Sweden this year so theres a possibility he never returns to NA. Off of your list above, I'd probably take Brassard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad