First Time I've Ever Noticed a Shark Coach Listed as...

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It's strange to think, but Todd is the most tenured coach in Sharks history

I think his track record of regular season success will give him a longer rope than many coaches, but I think it'll only take missing the playoffs once to see him gone

If it's this year, I doubt Doug will think twice about going in a new direction

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
The system isn't working with these clowns. Todd is about the only one in the organization without a NTC... do something before the entire year is wasted and our vets are a year older.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
If we rattle off a large losing streak it'll be interesting to see of DW throws Tmac under the bus. I think our current issues are 99-100% roster make-up and management's mixed messages and meddling.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If we rattle off a large losing streak it'll be interesting to see of DW throws Tmac under the bus. I think our current issues are 99-100% roster make-up and management's mixed messages and meddling.

Roster is a big part of the struggles, but I have to think some of it is coaching. Not that Todd is bad but I wonder what it's like to go back to work for someone who was at the helm of one of the worst defeats in your life with little change. I can't imagine it feels good.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
The system isn't working with these clowns. Todd is about the only one in the organization without a NTC... do something before the entire year is wasted and our vets are a year older.

I agree but if that's truly the case that nothing else substantive can be done, then I fault DW for giving dumb and dumber NTCs. DW made his bed, let him lie in it.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Roster is a big part of the struggles, but I have to think some of it is coaching. Not that Todd is bad but I wonder what it's like to go back to work for someone who was at the helm of one of the worst defeats in your life with little change. I can't imagine it feels good.

Yeah you're right.

Honestly I could get behind a large scale "cleansing" of this organIzation.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
I think McLellan is OK as a coach.
However, a more discipline oriented coach could make it easier to make changes in the line up and get some players to ask to be moved.

I would trade him if the Sharks could get a good pick for him. Is it possible to trade coaches? Or can they only be fired? Maybe take a pick to fire him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad