First Round Offensive Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'm wondering what players projected to go in the middle of the first round?

Of course, this is extremely difficult to project because the huge variety of players that could be available at that time, so, maybe it'd be easier to look at the offensive forwards that are most likely to go in the mid to late first round.

Obviously guys like Ovechkin, Malkin, Ladd, Schremp, etc don't need to be included. Anybody that looks to be a sure fire top 10 can be left off.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
There probably are no offensive stars in this draft outside of A.O. As far as those who could make a steady contribution from the middle of the round, I think Picard and Stafford are guys who could pop in 15-18 goals.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Alexander Radulov is the type of player you're talking about. He's probably top 3 or 4 in the entire draft in terms of offensive ability, and has drawn Marian Hossa comparisons by redline I believe. He's a sniper in every sense of the word, and will likely be an "all or nothing" type prospect. He will either be a great 2nd line player to good 1st line player, or a complete bust. I don't think there is much margin for error with Radulov.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Guys like Radulov, Lisin, Sindel, Kaspar, Voloshenko fit the bill. The problem with these guys is that they look to be a little more risky. In some cases it's due to questions on how work ethic or consistency or perhaps whether they will get stronger and bulk up or if their game will adapt well to the NHL (in Radulov's case the concern is more his clashes with coaches, getting kicked off a couple teams.) Very few coaches will let players play who don't know the defensive side of the game. It can be taught but the player has to be willing to learn. All the guys I listed have some of these questions on them and that's why they will slip to mid-late 1st but they all the skills to be offensive stars.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Some Offensive stars could be Lisin, Radulov Korpikoski and Voloshenko but my money is on Viktor Alexandrov to become an offensive star.............................. :yo: probably end up late 1st round to mid 2nd

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I'd go with Enver Lisin...arguably the fastest player in the draft who according to THN stands at 6'2 as an 18 year old. Not a bad combination.

Another guy is Jakub Sindel. He's on the small side but is all offense.

Both these guys could easily slip to the second half of the first round (or lower) with all the quality goaltenders and demand for defensemen in '04.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
#2 said:
Some Offensive stars could be Lisin, Radulov Korpikoski and Voloshenko but my money is on Viktor Alexandrov to become an offensive star.............................. :yo: probably end up late 1st round to mid 2nd

Good call on all those guys. Vik is my choice as well but another guy I'd throw out there who is nothing but pure offense Denis Parshin (more likely a second rounder...unless a team wants to get crazy)

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
Bolland

Dave Bolland had 37 goals playing on the 3rd line in London, he will be a 50 goal scorer next year.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Viktor Alexandrov could turn out to be a great offensive player in the NHL in 4 or 5 years. Korpikoski is another guy expected to go in the 15-30 range who may turn into a very good offensive threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad