First Round Offensive Stars

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by ZombieMatt, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombieMatt

ZombieMatt Registered User

I'm wondering what players projected to go in the middle of the first round?

Of course, this is extremely difficult to project because the huge variety of players that could be available at that time, so, maybe it'd be easier to look at the offensive forwards that are most likely to go in the mid to late first round.

Obviously guys like Ovechkin, Malkin, Ladd, Schremp, etc don't need to be included. Anybody that looks to be a sure fire top 10 can be left off.

2. Pwnasaurus

Pwnasaurus Registered User

Professional Gambler
    There probably are no offensive stars in this draft outside of A.O. As far as those who could make a steady contribution from the middle of the round, I think Picard and Stafford are guys who could pop in 15-18 goals.

3. Vagrant

Vagrant The Czech Condor

Home Page:
    Alexander Radulov is the type of player you're talking about. He's probably top 3 or 4 in the entire draft in terms of offensive ability, and has drawn Marian Hossa comparisons by redline I believe. He's a sniper in every sense of the word, and will likely be an "all or nothing" type prospect. He will either be a great 2nd line player to good 1st line player, or a complete bust. I don't think there is much margin for error with Radulov.

4. Flames Draft Watcher

Flames Draft Watcher Registered User

Home Page:
    Guys like Radulov, Lisin, Sindel, Kaspar, Voloshenko fit the bill. The problem with these guys is that they look to be a little more risky. In some cases it's due to questions on how work ethic or consistency or perhaps whether they will get stronger and bulk up or if their game will adapt well to the NHL (in Radulov's case the concern is more his clashes with coaches, getting kicked off a couple teams.) Very few coaches will let players play who don't know the defensive side of the game. It can be taught but the player has to be willing to learn. All the guys I listed have some of these questions on them and that's why they will slip to mid-late 1st but they all the skills to be offensive stars.

#2 Registered User

Home Page:
    Some Offensive stars could be Lisin, Radulov Korpikoski and Voloshenko but my money is on Viktor Alexandrov to become an offensive star.............................. :yo: probably end up late 1st round to mid 2nd

6. mazmin

mazmin Go! Jets! Go!

Personal Trainer / FM
    I'd go with Enver Lisin...arguably the fastest player in the draft who according to THN stands at 6'2 as an 18 year old. Not a bad combination.

Another guy is Jakub Sindel. He's on the small side but is all offense.

Both these guys could easily slip to the second half of the first round (or lower) with all the quality goaltenders and demand for defensemen in '04.

7. Patty Ice

Patty Ice Best in the World

Good call on all those guys. Vik is my choice as well but another guy I'd throw out there who is nothing but pure offense Denis Parshin (more likely a second rounder...unless a team wants to get crazy)

8. Scooter2

Scooter2 Registered User

Bolland

Dave Bolland had 37 goals playing on the 3rd line in London, he will be a 50 goal scorer next year.

9. SeLaine

SeLaine Registered User

Viktor Alexandrov could turn out to be a great offensive player in the NHL in 4 or 5 years. Korpikoski is another guy expected to go in the 15-30 range who may turn into a very good offensive threat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.