TBN: First Niagara Center Seating Capacity Increase

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Interesting little blurb in this blog post about the Amerks game tomorrow :

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres...y-as-team-will-set-franchise-attendance-.html

The Rochester Americans are coming to Buffalo for the second time this season. They'll leave with a record.

The Amerks will set a franchise single-game attendance record Friday in First Niagara Center when they play Lake Erie. Only single seats remain.

The Sabres have added and reconfigured seats, primarily in the 200 Level, and will now host 19,070 fans. The number is symbolic of the team’s 1970 founding. Previous capacity was 18,690.

First I'd heard about this. Adding almost 400 seats is pretty nifty though.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
More like "symbolic of the team's need to pay Villie Leino."

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
More like "symbolic of the team's need to pay Villie Leino."

it's probably more likely to do with the $30 million+ of his own money that Pegula put into First Niagara Center, he's not afraid to spend money but he's not going to lose money if he doesn't have to, I mean they have kept ticket prices relatively low so they got to make their money some how

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
it's probably more likely to do with the $30 million+ of his own money that Pegula put into First Niagara Center, he's not afraid to spend money but he's not going to lose money if he doesn't have to, I mean they have kept ticket prices relatively low so they got to make their money some how

Which is just a more cumbersome way of saying "we need to pay Leino his cash."

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Terry Pegula wipes his ass with money. I'm fairly sure he's not worried about Leino's contract.

I'm also interested to see where and how they shoehorned in these seats.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I'm sitting in the 200s tonight, so I'll walk around and see if I can snag some pics.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yea, I'll be there too. Section 318. Looking forward to just being there with my wife watching a live sport we both enjoy. The AHL may not be the best league, but it'll be fine to watch tonight.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Sad as it is, I'm just looking forward to being in a full FNC for a change. It's been a while.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
I was at the *** Center last night for TSO. I was not able to see any changes. I asked two ushers and both were clueless. I dont see where they can add 400 at the parking ramp end of the 200 level so I am very interested to see how they do this.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Brand new 7th row of seats all around the 200s.

EDIT: I thought I saw a couple areas in the 300s that had a couple more seats too, but it looks like the bulk of the adds were that new row of seats in the back of most of the 200s, if not all.

Last edited:

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Brand new 7th row of seats all around the 200s.

EDIT: I thought I saw a couple areas in the 300s that had a couple more seats too, but it looks like the bulk of the adds were that new row of seats in the back of most of the 200s, if not all.

Interesting. I didn't notice that at all at the TSO concert. And in my section 223 they cant add another row as the last one is backed up to the wall. I don't really see that they would another row between the blue lines either as it would be flat and tough to see past the guy in front of you, and cut down in walkway space. I think it is doable actually as was mentioned if they took out the tables at the parking ramp end and made elevated seats there. I hope they don't screw with the all access suite as I want to check that out. Next season :-(

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Interesting. I didn't notice that at all at the TSO concert. And in my section 223 they cant add another row as the last one is backed up to the wall. I don't really see that they would another row between the blue lines either as it would be flat and tough to see past the guy in front of you, and cut down in walkway space. I think it is doable actually as was mentioned if they took out the tables at the parking ramp end and made elevated seats there. I hope they don't screw with the all access suite as I want to check that out. Next season :-(

The walkway was plenty wide enough already. The new row has the same elevation as every other row does in the sections.

If I wasn't specifically looking for it, I probably wouldn't have noticed it for a while. It fits right in.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
The walkway was plenty wide enough already. The new row has the same elevation as every other row does in the sections.

If I wasn't specifically looking for it, I probably wouldn't have noticed it for a while. It fits right in.

Ok gotchya. But they hadn't touched the tables at the ramp end when I was there. Are they doing that? Cause if so that would require them to build some kind of theater type eleveation for those. I'm glad that they have thought about getting creative to add to 19,070 thats cool.

But I will say this to you, the walkways imo are not plenty wide enough on the 200 level. They are adequate. And this trims that obviously. When I walk from the ramp end to the main bar area on the opposite end before a game there are usually some stops you have to make because there are three or four people standing and chatting and blocking the flow of people going in both directions.
Not relly a huge deal but... Oh enough Jesus just start playing hockey for God's sake!!

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
I think I'm calling account servies monday morning to see if I can get 2 of the new seats as seasons. I'm not within the number on the list. But, hopefully a lot of people aren't looking for 200 levels.

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
So, with a relatively minor upgrade, this adds what, almost $2 million in annual revenue? Nice.
Also, liking the symbolism of 19,070. :yo:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Which is just a more cumbersome way of saying "we need to pay Leino his cash."

I think I'm calling account servies monday morning to see if I can get 2 of the new seats as seasons. I'm not within the number on the list. But, hopefully a lot of people aren't looking for 200 levels.

So, with a relatively minor upgrade, this adds what, almost $2 million in annual revenue? Nice.
Also, liking the symbolism of 19,070. :yo:

If those seasons come with an autographed pic of Ville, we have our answer!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad