Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
6E9A586D-0D52-4A73-A6EF-A8A3C5C6A2D3.gif

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Will Skinner be exempt from waivers when Smith eventually returns? I tried to read up on it but there are plenty of variables in the rules.

Reactions: tardigrade81

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I would expect Calgary to get the backup goalie so that the Oilers can get the starter.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
you mean Biased. Something can have a bias, but it can't be bias. Sorry, misuse of this word is a pet peeve of mine.

Couldn’t it be that he was abbreviating his typing on the internet and intended the following usage:
Not [a] bias -implied: that I possess- or anything.”

The word “bias” does occur naturally/individually in the English language. Is there something wrong with the usage in that context?

Reactions: ujju2

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Couldn’t it be that he was abbreviating his typing on the internet and intended the following usage:
Not [a] bias -implied: that I possess- or anything.”

The word “bias” does occur naturally/individually in the English language. Is there something wrong with the usage in that context?
I don't really mean to cause any trouble or anything, I was just pointing it out, but in the context it was used the proper way would be to say "...Not a bias"

Not likely an abbreviation, I see bias misused all the time on here. Truth be told its almost as prevalent as " I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less"

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The Pens are one of those teams who always bring their "A" game against us. 8-2 vs the McDavid Oilers. Would be nice if we could take it to them on Wednesday. Hopefully with some players back in the fold.

Reactions: tardigrade81

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The Pens are one of those teams who always bring their "A" game against us. 8-2 vs the McDavid Oilers. Would be nice if we could take it to them on Wednesday. Hopefully with some players back in the fold.

Every team brings their A game against the Oilers. The entire damn league has us circled on the calendar. Lol.

That's what happens when you have the best two players in the world.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Ya it should be a tight game for sure….. do we know who’s in net for the game? Good fully If it’s KOSK he can do what he did against Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad