First Game in Las Vegas: October 10th.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Depends on when the season starts. If it starts that Wednesday it's the first game. If it starts the previous week it's the first home game.

I don't think anyone's said when the season actually starts yet, but seeing as the last preseason game for the Knights is 10/1, I'm guessing it's the first home game.

Oct 10 is actually a Tuesday. My guess is the Season officially begins Oct 4(Wednesday) with the bulk of the teams playing the 5th

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Oct 10 is actually a Tuesday. My guess is the Season officially begins Oct 4(Wednesday) with the bulk of the teams playing the 5th

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

If the season's starting that Wednesday, I was thinking the Knights home opener would be the opening game of the season with everyone else starting Wednesday/Thursday as usual.

If everyone's season starts the previous Wednesday it's just the Knights home opener and they'll have already played a couple of games prior to showing up at T-MA. It's looking like that's the case.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Sorry, I should have been more clear.

If the season's starting that Wednesday, I was thinking the Knights home opener would be the opening game of the season with everyone else starting Wednesday/Thursday as usual.

If everyone's season starts the previous Wednesday it's just the Knights home opener and they'll have already played a couple of games prior to showing up at T-MA. It's looking like that's the case.

I am hoping you are right because I do shift work and I work evenings the week of Oct 4th, but days the week that includes Oct 10. Would be pissed if I miss my teams home opener. lol

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I suspect they'd have PIT/NSH have their home openers before then, so they can do the banner thing or whatever.

I'd still be leaning toward a Pacific Division team, though... Anaheim, maybe?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The only wildcard I could see is if they wanted it to be a Canadian team since there seems to be massive interest in this franchise from Canada, but then your guess is as good as mine on who they would want. Could be the Oilers since that's the hot team with the superstar everyone wants to see now. Could be the Leafs or Canadiens in a nod to the year 100 stuff going on, the traditional powers "welcoming" the new team in. Could be Vancouver or Calgary due to geography. But I can't see a random team, even from the West making sense because this is definitely going to get good national TV coverage and if they have a Canadian team then they can show it nationally as well.

Otherwise I'd say the Kings is very likely if its a US team, nothing else really makes sense considering the history of the market.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Jets fan, I come in peace.

With the reborn Jets first game they went with Montreal. A team the old Jets had zero history or rivalry with, but is an O6 team that always gets good ratings.

I would thus predict that Vegas' first opponent will be an eastern conference O6 team. Someone to show that that Vegas has "arrived", and that will help ratings, but also a team that is not likely to have many visiting fans in the arena.

So, those who predicted the Rangers sound about right, followed by the Bruins or Detroit.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas

With the reborn Jets first game they went with Montreal. A team the old Jets had zero history or rivalry with, but is an O6 team that always gets good ratings.

I would thus predict that Vegas' first opponent will be an eastern conference O6 team. Someone to show that that Vegas has "arrived", and that will help ratings, but also a team that is not likely to have many visiting fans in the arena.

So, those who predicted the Rangers sound about right, followed by the Bruins or Detroit.

The Jets first season back they were an Eastern Conference club though. So they played all of the Eastern Conference teams more.

zorloris

Apr 26, 2017

Was this the Jets first game of the season? Or just their first home game?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Was this the Jets first game of the season? Or just their first home game?

First game (well, not counting pre-season). I was there for it. Got hit on the top of my head with an errant puck during warm ups just as I was putting my coat onto my seat. With a start like that, I should have realized it was a sign for how things would go that game. And the next 6 years, if I want to be truly cynical. :laugh:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
ahh first game!! very exciting. gonna try and catch every game i can.

but i'll be in vegas the week after that for my wedding....really hoping there's a home game i can catch

Jetson

Jun 20, 2016
Depends on when the season starts. If it starts that Wednesday it's the first game. If it starts the previous week it's the first home game.

I don't think anyone's said when the season actually starts yet, but seeing as the last preseason game for the Knights is 10/1, I'm guessing it's the first home game.

Is there an official link to the preseason schedule? What do you think the demand will be for preseason tickets there?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Is there an official link to the preseason schedule? What do you think the demand will be for preseason tickets there?

That's a good question, one I'm wondering myself. I'm hoping there's a demand, because I have no interest in attending 3 pre-season hockey games. :laugh:

Not sure if the schedule is online anywhere.

Jetson

Jun 20, 2016
Are you a season ticket holder Boris? I know someone who will need tickets to a preseason game. :naughty:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Coyotes are your first home game opponent. Vegas will also be Arizona's first home opponent. Seems like the NHL wants to get this rivalry kick-started... :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad