First Canadian team to win Stanleys Cup?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Jets
Leafs

Oilers

Top 2 are having more success this year and could be serious threats soon - if they're not already. Oilers season is really bad and the situation doesn't look great but I'm not going to NOT include a team that has McDavid on it

Reactions: Slicknitty

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Jets have a terrific chance right now, and I think they'll be able to retain their important players over the next couple of years as well? They'd be the favorite. Long-term worry would be transitioning away from Wheeler as their best player, and Buff to a lesser extent. As such, their best chance is right now while I think the Leafs are poised for a later peak.

Reactions: libertarian

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well that's because the jets are the better team and will have home ice in the first round.

Nah, they're not any better or worse than the Leafs. The Jets have a few more points because of the 3 more OT losses they have.........both teams have 45 wins........the Leafs score more goals while the Jets give up fewer.........and Winnipeg has more wins at home, while the Leafs have more wins on the road.

It's a wash. I'd say they're exactly on par with each other.

As for this thread's question, I'll say the Leafs will be the next Canadian team to win the Cup.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
it's also because Boston, Tampa, and Pittsburgh are better than any three teams in the West

Just because you say it doesn't mean it's true. Winnipeg is having a better year than Pittsburgh and looks much stronger. Nashville might be the best team in the league wth Tampa faltering a bit. Vegas is still playing well.

I would say the western conference has the two best teams in the league and 3 of the 5 best teams.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Nah, they're not any better or worse than the Leafs. The Jets have a few more points because of the 3 more OT losses they have.........both teams have 45 wins........the Leafs score more goals while the Jets give up fewer.........and Winnipeg has more wins at home, while the Leafs have more wins on the road.

It's a wash. I'd say they're exactly on par with each other.

As for this thread's question, I'll say the Leafs will be the next Canadian team to win the Cup.

The Leafs are 7-2 in shootouts and yet the Jets have a few more points because of OTL's?

The Jets are a fair bit better than the Leafs right now, IMO.

Baywulf

Feb 23, 2017
Nah, they're not any better or worse than the Leafs. The Jets have a few more points because of the 3 more OT losses they have.........both teams have 45 wins.........

Leafs have 4 more regulation losses than Jets, that's >20% more.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
In a true homer fashion I will say Oilers. McDavid will have a monster season next year and his supporting cast won't suck as they did this year. Mark this post for posterity.
Why would you think his cast will be better? The team is run by Chiarelli, the anti-thesis of a GM that builds a fast, skilled team. And he's already done huge damage to the longterm cap situation.

Although there will be an improvement on special teams, there's nothing else that really holds promise for me

Central is the best division in hockey this year
Goal differential of top 3 Atlantic teams: 156
Goal differential of top 3 Central teams: 125

I'd bet on an Atlantic team winning the Cup over a Central team

Reactions: libertarian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad