Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
were-doomed.jpg

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Our trip to Toronto to blow the leaves there . We find the team in 7th in the Metro. 13th in the East. We haven't achieved any points in 2 games and we must find a way to come out of this with 2 points. Points are king.

So head up to Toronto and clear the city of leaves. Toronto wins Carolina wins the Maple leaves well they lose.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I got a bad feeling about this one. I'm starting to think that this team is simply not good enough to makes the playoffs but not bad enough to land a generational talent in the draft and doesn't have enough money to sign a high end player via free agency, and our GM is too stingy to make a trade for an elite player. So we're stuck in an eternal state of mediocrity. Further more, the guys we thought would progress which would lead to more goals haven't so far. Lindy, Rask, Aho, and even TT have been fairly non existent on a nightly basis. Maybe TT gets a pass. Oh yeah, then there is our glorious captain on the blue line that has been really lighting it up..... Leading by example. Playing a sound 2 way responsible game as all blue liners should.

PP sucks, offense sucks, PK kind of sucks, Not looking good.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I got a bad feeling about this one. I'm starting to think that this team is simply not good enough to makes the playoffs but not bad enough to land a generational talent in the draft and doesn't have enough money to sign a high end player via free agency, and our GM is too stingy to make a trade for an elite player. So we're stuck in an eternal state of mediocrity. Further more, the guys we thought would progress which would lead to more goals haven't so far. Lindy, Rask, Aho, and even TT have been fairly non existent on a nightly basis. Maybe TT gets a pass. Oh yeah, then there is our glorious captain on the blue line that has been really lighting it up..... Leading by example. Playing a sound 2 way responsible game as all blue liners should.

PP sucks, offense sucks, PK kind of sucks, Not looking good.

so no different than the past 10 years

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I actually have a better feeling about this one. I think the Leafs are the kind of team the Canes are built to beat- I haven't watched any of their games this year but based on what I saw last year they should be able to set up in the offensive zone and hopefully smother them in transition. Not sure how much the addition of Marleau helps their zone offense but they seemed to live and die on their rush offense more often than not when I watched them last year.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I actually have a better feeling about this one. I think the Leafs are the kind of team the Canes are built to beat- I haven't watched any of their games this year but based on what I saw last year they should be able to set up in the offensive zone and hopefully smother them in transition. Not sure how much the addition of Marleau helps their zone offense but they seemed to live and die on their rush offense more often than not when I watched them last year.

Rush offence? Yeah, you don't watch the leafs.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I think the Leafs are the kind of team the Canes are built to beat
Agreed. Wasn't Tampa leading the lead in goals scored prior to Tuesday's game? Yes, the final was 5-1, but it's a bit hard to see the last 3 goals as the difference between the two teams.

I predict TO fans will come away very unhappy about tonight's game...or, at a minimum, feeling like it wasn't representative of how good they "truly" are.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad