First 10 Games to the Season are Crucial

JMcLeaf

not training camp but not sure where else to put this lol

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590
#leafs have a rough sked to start, play 4 games in 6 days to start.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
With the season so short at 48 games, I feel the first 10 games are crucial in determining which way the Leafs head for the remainder of the season. I also think that the results of these first 10 games will determine whether or not the Leafs go after Luongo.

Here are the games:

Leafs at Habs
Sabres at Leafs
Leafs at Penguins
Islanders at Leafs
Leafs at Rangers
Leafs at Sabres
Capitals at Leafs
Bruins at Leafs
Hurricanes at Leafs
Leafs at Capitals

It's gonna be tough!

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
haha... this topic is very true but I can't help but laugh, of course 10 games are crucial, it's like 1/4th of the season :D

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I think as Leaf fans we should understand that the entire 48 games are crucial .

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Lots of games against teams we'll likely be battling in the standings for a playoff spot (Buffalo x2, Montreal, Islanders, Capitals x2), so it'll be an important for sure.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Kind of ironic that I was travelling and one of the ONroute on 401, and the display there had something like NJD crapping the bed in first 10 games before going on to win the Stanley Cup in 1995. :laugh:

Tbc as message changed on display before I completed reading the entire message.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
"relax guys, its only 48 games into the season, there's still time"

Leafs For Life*

With the season so short at 48 games, I feel the first 10 games are crucial in determining which way the Leafs head for the remainder of the season. I also think that the results of these first 10 games will determine whether or not the Leafs go after Luongo.

Here are the games:

Leafs at Habs L - Home 1st start
Sabres at Leafs W
Leafs at Penguins L
Islanders at Leafs W
Leafs at Rangers L
Leafs at Sabres OTL
Capitals at Leafs W
Bruins at Leafs W
Hurricanes at Leafs L
Leafs at Capitals L

It's gonna be tough!

imo go 4-5-1

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's certainly important to get a good start off. Lot harder to make up ground later than it is to hold a spot.

But still, if this team finds one of its bad streaks of games that could end the season for them right there.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think the teams that had players playing this year have a huge advantage to get off to a good start.

Therefore Leafs first 10 games will rely on the Grabovski, Kulemin, Gunnarsson etc and even Marlies who are in game shape and have their timing.

Any bad 10 game stretch could already eliminate a team for its playoff chances.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Every game is crucial in a 48 game season. There will be off-nights for sure, but they can't afford any sort of an extended losing streak like the last couple of years.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
With a condensed schedule every game has added importance, there will be no throw away games for their opponents.

Tough to predict how the 1st 10 will go until we know who's on the Team.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Guys I agree that every game is more important in a condensed schedule. Just saying we can't afford to get out of the gates with say a 2-7-1 start because we don't have the type of team that can turn it around with only 38 games left after that.

Swarez

Mar 10, 2011
The Islanders game is a b2b, the Rangers is a 3rd in 4 days, I think we have first 9 games over 21 days or something. Not a lot of rest, no real training camp, I think there are going to be lots of injuries once these guys go back to real NHL calibre hockey. It's probably going to look like last years NBA season, team with more rest is going to win games.

I also think the only team we are better than in the first 10 games is the...Islanders. Man I got no confidence at all going into this season. I used to be really anti-Luongo, but more I think about it more I want him. Don't think we can compete without a real goalie.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011

Here are the games:

Leafs at Habs
Sabres at Leafs
Leafs at Penguins
Islanders at Leafs
Leafs at Rangers
Leafs at Sabres
Capitals at Leafs
Bruins at Leafs
Hurricanes at Leafs
Leafs at Capitals

It's gonna be tough!

Pretty good IMO. Leafs do pretty well against Pittsburgh, even New York. Buffalo is a pretty weak team this season IMO, so I think they could get quite a few wins here.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
I have a feeling there are gonna be alot of injuries this season for the whole league. The schedule and rushed opener has must kill their conditioning.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Looking at the schedule you can make a case for winning most, but you can also make a case for losing most as well LOL. Should be fun , hopefully we end up with more wins than losses

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
The leafs for the past couple of seasons start out strong. I will say we go 6-4. I expect someone to get injured in the first 1-15 games. My bets are either Liles or Connoly

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Leafs at Habs- These games are usually close scored, I predict we come out sluggish in the first and then turn it on for the 2nd half WIN
Sabres at Leafs- Sabres usually give us trouble (aka Miller) but this is the homeopener and I think the leafs will get a lot of energy from their fans. WIN
Leafs at Penguins- I feel will get slaughtered in this game with a healthy Crosby and Malkin staring us down all game long. LOSS
Islanders at Leafs- These guys give us generally no issues. WIN
Leafs at Rangers- 3rd game in 4 nights, going up against a team with the best goaltender in the league and arguably one of the best 1st lines in the game, yea we have no hope in heaven of winning this. LOSS
Leafs at Sabres- Tight game but we come up short. LOSS
Capitals at Leafs- WIN
Bruins at Leafs- Its the Bruins, I don't care that Thomas isn't in net for them these guys are too much for our small ballerinas to handle, big time LOSS
Hurricanes at Leafs- WIN
Leafs at Capitals- OT LOSS

5-4-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad