#FireBurrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbishtrap

Jul 14, 2022
no PP quaterback
only 2 players that can really shot to score

Sure he could try slafkovsky on PP1 but I think they really want to stick with the plan and ease him into the role through the whole year

You gotta remind yourself this team was supposed to be bad this year

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The 5 on 3 PP then the 4 minute 4 on 3 PP in OT were absolutely brutal. Geezus, stop with Hoffman for f*** sakes. I love Dach, but he over passes and is not a shooting threat.

Put Guhle or Xhekaj on the point!!

Caufield & Suzuki at circles, Dach down low/behind net, Dvorak net front, Guhle point on PP1.

Slafkovsky, Anderson, Xhekaj, Hoffman & IDK who else with Monahan out, but put a body at net front.

Put Hoffman on the half-wall, so he can use his one-timer. Slafkovsky can get that set-up. Anderson backdoor. Xhekaj on point.

Watching Dadonov & Armia trying to pass on the 4 on 3 PP ..... ugly. :laugh:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The 5 on 3 PP then the 4 minute 4 on 3 PP in OT were absolutely brutal. Geezus, stop with Hoffman for f*** sakes. I love Dach, but he over passes and is not a shooting threat.

Put Guhle or Xhekaj on the point!!

Caufield & Suzuki at circles, Dach down low/behind net, Dvorak net front, Guhle point on PP1.

Slafkovsky, Anderson, Xhekaj, Hoffman & IDK who else with Monahan out, but put a body at net front.

Put Hoffman on the half-wall, so he can use his one-timer. Slafkovsky can get that set-up. Anderson backdoor. Xhekaj on point.

Watching Dadonov & Armia trying to pass on the 4 on 3 PP ..... ugly. :laugh:

total idiots running the PP. Guhle, Arbs and Slav should always be on the PP. Stupid Dvorak and Armia lol,and that waste of space Dadanov.. my god just put him and the fans out of their misery and buy him out

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
How does a 4 minute 4 on 3 PP in OT not lead to a goal? why is Dvorak out there and everyone else is either not in a one timer position or moving the puck well or getting good looks?

Having elite players helps a PP but a PP is only as good as the strategy and structure that is being used for it. Clearly we have neither and considering we have had many different players come and gone since Burrows came in, I'm inclined to believe the source of the issues is both the structure employed and how its communicated.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
I don't have the stats, for the past few years, but I'm very confident that we have always been in the bottom 5 on the PP since Burrows is running the PP. Listen to the coach press conference in the past 3 seasons, whether it's Ducharme or MSL, we always hear that the team played good at 5 on 5, and they lost the game because they were not getting goals on the PP. Burrows should have been fired when Ducharme was let go IMO.

Edit: Habs PP since Burrows first full season

2021-2022: 13.70% in 82 games,, 31st in the league
2022-2023: 14.40$ through 28 games, last in the league.

Anyways, I think that when MSL was hired, he wanted to keep most of the staffs because he was a rookie and didn't know most of the players. I just hope that when the rebuilding is done, the management would fire Burrows and let MSL choose his own assistant coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habsrule

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Other than Caufield and Suzuki it is not like there is much more high end skill on the team. You could say Dach is and eventually Slafkovsky will be. But for now their really are only two great offensive players and their is no true quarterback on the power play.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
How does a 4 minute 4 on 3 PP in OT not lead to a goal? why is Dvorak out there and everyone else is either not in a one timer position or moving the puck well or getting good looks?

Having elite players helps a PP but a PP is only as good as the strategy and structure that is being used for it. Clearly we have neither and considering we have had many different players come and gone since Burrows came in, I'm inclined to believe the source of the issues is both the structure employed and how its communicated.

It has been and always has been : A PP Quarterback
You don't have one, your PP ain't going to work....I don't care about the strategy, structure or players you put on the ice.

We never had one since Markov, the PP never worked since then....no matter the playerx, no matter the coach,
At Least with Weber we had a point shot.....now we don't have even have a point shot or a quaterback,

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We won but #fireburrows. That's it.
I'm sick of our PP since he's in charge
If you actually think he's fully responsible for the powerplay... you're being naive. The entire coaching staff will put a system in place and while Burrows may be the one to implement it. This isn't the NFL where a defensive coordinator is going to control half the game.

Also, imagine blaming the an assistant coach when we have exactly 2 (maybe 3) players who are actually worthy of being a powerplay unit at all - especially when none of them are an actual PP QB.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
It has been and always has been : A PP Quarterback
You don't have one, your PP ain't going to work....I don't care about the strategy, structure or players you put on the ice.

We never had one since Markov, the PP never worked since then....no matter the playerx, no matter the coach,
At Least with Weber we had a point shot.....now we don't have even have a point shot or a quaterback,
Or, everyone needs to be a threat to shoot.:cool:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Edit: Habs PP since Burrows first full season

2021-2022: 13.70% in 82 games,, 31st in the league
2022-2023: 14.40$ through 28 games, last in the league.

That doesn't have much do to do with Burrows though. I don't care much about Burrows, but whoever calls him THE issue with the powerplay should probably find another sport to watch, because that person is clearly not understanding a lot of things to this one and is just blaming the coach as a way to simplify what's going on.

I mean... When you resort to using Joel Armia as a main PP player on a 5-forward, you're clearly lacking players to work with. Or you received a command from upstairs.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
A lot of the time it is a solution.
No it’s just people who need to see action. Yes PP has been bad for a long time but if you think Burrows is the one and only person who is responsible for the PP and no one else has any say, then you are sorely mistaken.

So many fans here panic all the time and want to see change often just for the sake of seeing change because it makes them feel good.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lol the solution to everything is always just fire people…this thread is absurd

Hiring Burrows and promoting him in the first place was absurd.

There's 0 track record of Burrows being a good coach and nothing on his resume since confirms that he is one.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Hashtags won't do anything on a message board. That's not how they work.

Anyway, closing this. There are other threads to discuss the coaching staff. Use those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad