Firealarms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/story/0,2789,532680,00.html

Found this story in swedish newspaper and it talks about firealarm waking up the finnish team twice in their hotel during the night. Coach Summanen is saying you dont need to be a genius to know why it happened just now.

I'm a bit puzzled... I mean...Could it be intentional disturbing really? I guess people like Summanen have a better idea how far people are willing to go in these circumstances. Weird.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
psycho_dad said:

Found this story in swedish newspaper and it talks about firealarm waking up the finnish team twice in their hotel during the night. Coach Summanen is saying you dont need to be a genius to know why it happened just now.

I'm a bit puzzled... I mean...Could it be intentional disturbing really? I guess people like Summanen have a better idea how far people are willing to go in these circumstances. Weird.
I thought only Canadians and Russians do these kind of stuff.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Well yeah, the article suggested that Canadians started the firealarms deliberately so Finns could not sleep well.

I just wanted to know if people thought that would be possible? Would someone really go that far?

chicpea*

psycho_dad said:

I read the same thing earlier at the Globe & Mail I think.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
*mental image of Wayne Gretzky sneaking around in the finns' hotel all decked out in black* :lol

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
H/H said:
*mental image of Wayne Gretzky sneaking around in the finns' hotel all decked out in black* :lol
hahahaahahaha. great post. i can see him tip-toeing around. And then giving a press conference every waking SECOND. Wayne still thinks he is actually PLAYING for team Canada. He is seen way too much.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Not sure if it's true or not but I remember hearing stories of the same thing happening to the Bruins players when they were in Montreal for the playoffs. And a local radio station did call the players room in the middle of the night. So ya people will go that far :D

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I didn't think Canada would be so scared that they had to resort to tricks...

I mean...that would be sad and pathetic right? Canadians play tough, they dont need to resort to ***** tactics outside the game. Right?

Last edited:

High flyin' Habs*

Tuggy said:
Not sure if it's true or not but I remember hearing stories of the same thing happening to the Bruins players when they were in Montreal for the playoffs. And a local radio station did call the players room in the middle of the night. So ya people will go that far :D

I also heard that the Bruins received taunting phone calls at their hotel rooms in Montreal. :)

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Vlad The Impaler said:
If it really happened, it could very well be Canadian supporters who have nothing to do with team Canada.
Yes, it was most likely fans.

The last sentence of this article reads:
The hotel have now placed out guards to prevent anyone to sneak in and set off the alarm again.

Maybe it was Gary Bettman... ;)

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Kronblom said:
Yes, it was most likely fans.

The last sentence of this article reads:
The hotel have now placed out guards to prevent anyone to sneak in and set off the alarm again.

Maybe it was Gary Bettman... ;)

Isn't there some sort of fine or anything for somebody pulling a fire alarm under false pretenses?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter if they don't catch the guy...

P_L

Sep 11, 2004
Hell
psycho_dad said:

Don´t worry psycho_dad. It´s only Miikka Kiprusoff who is on fire ;).

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
P_L said:
Don´t worry psycho_dad. It´s only Miikka Kiprusoff who is on fire ;).

Heh. Miikka is so hot at the moment. :) Too bad he's so hot that the firealarm went on and waked up team Finland.

High flyin' Habs*

But he probably cooled off already just in time for Canada to crush him. :)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Most likely a single employee (or guest) that doesn't have the same concept of sportsmanship that the rest of us have. It can happen anywhere, I guess.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
it happened to teams in Calgary during the post-season. Cjay92 (local radio station) organized a bunch of semi's to drive by the hotel at dawn or something as loud as possible. Only bad part was the Flames were staying in the same hotel and got woken up to...

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
I'd put money down that this was Canadian fans organized by a radio station. It seems every playoffs this happens to a visiting team, I guess it's like the cool new thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad