Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
McCellan is in the top 25 winningest coaches of all time in the NHL, the guys who are active above him are Deboer, Martin, Tortorella, Laviolette, Ruff and Maurice.....

Like, Dislike, the guy all you want....but be factual please.

You should at least acknowledge his post season record which isnt too good - which is what most people point to when complaining about McClellan. Its his inability to adjust and change momentum in games and series which get highlighted.

Reactions: funky and Schmooley

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
No need to go Battlestar Galactica!

Surf Nutz

• Poll
Are you on board with a For Realbuild?
Replies14Views64
5 minutes ago
chris kontos

Surf Nutz

Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread
Replies87Views1K
7 minutes ago
Schmooley

[IMG alt="FSL KINGS"]https://hfboards-data.community.forum/avatars/s/332/332528.jpg?1689972024[/IMG]
[IMG alt="Raccoon Jesus"]https://hfboards-data.community.forum/avatars/s/75/75805.jpg?1713853672[/IMG]
Low Effort Playoff Avatars Here

Above are the coping mechanism threads.

It's one game and the Oilers were pumped with the home crowd.

They are legit contenders.

At least give the Kings a chance to play out the series before you freak out.
I cant speak for the others but I did it after only 1 game on purpose. Stick a fork in em. They got nothing. I would love to be proven the clown here Surf Nutz. The Panthers learned how to sack up in a playoff series vs Boston last year. It is not impossible. Tkachuks own father went to the media to talk about how soft and disappointing it was to watch the Panthers just before they figured it out.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Team changes if I were dictator

Forwards:
-buyout PLD, deport him to New Zealand, and rub salt in his eyes at the airport
- Move Byfield back to center
- Lower Kopitar's minutes
-Offer ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRvidsson a 1 year prove yourself contract for 2-3 mil
- Consult @Johnny Utah to add toughness to the F corps

D
-offer Doughty a trade
-See what Roy will sign for and choose between him and Gavrikov
- Promote Clarke

Doughty Anderson
Roy/Gav Spence/Clarke
Englund Spence/Clarke/Moverare

G-
Sign a free agent or find a day laborer at Home Depot
Copely or Rittich/ Prospect

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Believe me when I tell you that I am far more disappointed in myself than you will ever be of me

You always switch the subject, to protect your little gloom tribe and other responses you have nothing for.

The cut and paste one was funny but this one is yet another fail.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don’t know what Arvidsson brings to this team. He reminds me of Justin Williams except Williams provided something when it mattered while Arvidsson just falls around on the ice and misses opportunities in big moments

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I don’t know what Arvidsson brings to this team. He reminds me of Justin Williams except Williams provided something when it mattered while Arvidsson just falls around on the ice and misses opportunities in big moments
Off brand J Dub. Or luxury Cliff Ronning.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Arrrrrvidsson, when healthy, beings the speed and creativity that no one else on this team really has.
the problem is, that he is healthy about as often as Surf Nutz makes sense.

He doesn't have the warrior desire to win that J-Dub had, that much is clear

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
McCellan is in the top 25 winningest coaches of all time in the NHL, the guys who are active above him are Deboer, Martin, Tortorella, Laviolette, Ruff and Maurice.....

Like, Dislike, the guy all you want....but be factual please.
I mean.......

His career record in the playoffs is 42 wins and 46 losses. That's a .477 win percentage. That's pretttttttttty mid.

He's a solid enough coach who has been around the league for a while so sure, he's racked up a respectable number of regular season wins but let's not act like he's an elite coach who had any business being the highest paid coach in the NHL.

I'm not trying to hate on Todd I'm just saying he's not an overly amazing head coach. So the fact that he was gifted the highest salary in the NHL and failed to deliver legitimate success isn't exactly a great look for Blake & co.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Arrrrrvidsson, when healthy, beings the speed and creativity that no one else on this team really has.
the problem is, that he is healthy about as often as Surf Nutz makes sense.

He doesn't have the warrior desire to win that J-Dub had, that much is clear
Ya I dont see a lot of similarities. RV is a quick and scrambly volume shooter with a nice ability to alter his shot angle before release. JW is board battler, Einstein IQ, ultra clutch 2 way player... with off the chart leadership on and off the ice

Reactions: Lt Dan

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

When asked what he'll be doing with his spare 5mil he got for next season he replied that he's working on a new soda product called Coca Koala which is made with eucalyptus leaves... sounds gross but Id give it a once try.

Kidding aside, I wish him well in whatever he decides to do

• Haha
Reactions: Telos

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Anybody working for or allegedly covering the team would have known about all of that for months and months and months.

Just because some twitter accounts recently learned of it doesn't mean it's a surprise.
Of course I knew about Provorov and Richards. The somewhat surprise was the amount of the bonuses... so that must be for Talbot, Byfield and some others I dont know about

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Of course I knew about Provorov and Richards. The somewhat surprise was the amount of the bonuses... so that must be for Talbot, Byfield and some others I dont know about
Talbot signed a $2M contract with $1M of it in bonuses paid out if he hit 10 games. He very quickly did.

Nobody could have known about the Byfield bonuses but it was well within the realm of possibility.

Talbot signed a $2M contract with $1M of it in bonuses paid out if he hit 10 games. He very quickly did.

Nobody could have known about the Byfield bonuses but it was well within the realm of possibility.
AND

much like the potential Clarke bonuses that city officials were so concerned about.... all those ELC bonuses have been in play since the day the players signed their ELC. They're baked into the entry level compensation plan. So while we didn't know if they would be reached or not... they've been part of the potential math for a few years.

I'm not snarking at you or anyone else for not knowing those details... I'm snarking at people who should have known but didn't.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I mean.......

His career record in the playoffs is 42 wins and 46 losses. That's a .477 win percentage. That's pretttttttttty mid.

He's a solid enough coach who has been around the league for a while so sure, he's racked up a respectable number of regular season wins but let's not act like he's an elite coach who had any business being the highest paid coach in the NHL.

I'm not trying to hate on Todd I'm just saying he's not an overly amazing head coach. So the fact that he was gifted the highest salary in the NHL and failed to deliver legitimate success isn't exactly a great look for Blake & co.

I mean, sure....but you realize that drops him in the top 50 ALL TIME COACHES...in the 100 year history of the game.....

Wow. GBH and Nutz seem particularly triggered today. Is Axl on another forced vacation?

It's called conversation, if you think that is triggered, I think you are sheltered way too f***ing much....

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

I actually liked the interview. Don't hate the guy whatsoever and hope he finds another gig. His family analogy was creepy :laugh: but I liked him calling BS in the convincing guys 'there's no I in team' or similar mantras.

I thought his conversation about how to connect with players nowadays was actually really interesting. That he likes coaches such as Torts and the hardliners and that you need to have some of that but at the same time you are dealing with 23 different companies and brands now. You can't sell the 'there's no I in team' or stupid mantras. And they are getting so much feedback from not only their parents and agents now, but also their personal trainers, nutritionists, alumni, and even fans/online when burying their heads in their phones that when the coach gets to them they have to combat, counter, and compete with a lot of conflicting information and positive feedback from sources that have no skin in the game.

In the end, not a lot of interesting things from a Kings perspective, but glad he is doing well and talking with GM's. Not ironically, the #1 complaint he hears is the locker room has no accountability and looking to establish an identity of togetherness in a room of me's, lol.

Reactions: Choralone

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Team changes if I were dictator

Forwards:
-buyout PLD, deport him to New Zealand, and rub salt in his eyes at the airport
- Move Byfield back to center
- Lower Kopitar's minutes
-Offer ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRvidsson a 1 year prove yourself contract for 2-3 mil
- Consult @Johnny Utah to add toughness to the F corps

D
-offer Doughty a trade
-See what Roy will sign for and choose between him and Gavrikov
- Promote Clarke

Doughty Anderson
Roy/Gav Spence/Clarke
Englund Spence/Clarke/Moverare

G-
Sign a free agent or find a day laborer at Home Depot
Copely or Rittich/ Prospect
If we're trading Doughty, why stop there?

Danault probably has good value. Moore just had a career year and only a 4.2M cap hit. Move him too. Gavrikov we'll be a pending UFA. Kempe only has 2 more years. He'd have great value.

• Haha
Reactions: Herby and Surf Nutz

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You should at least acknowledge his post season record which isnt too good - which is what most people point to when complaining about McClellan. Its his inability to adjust and change momentum in games and series which get highlighted.

Yep, not the greatest...and still in the top 50 all time NHL coaches, so imagine how hard it is to actually win in the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad