Speculation: Fire Randy Carlyle?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Candidates for the Leafs next head coach?

Assuming that we eventually let Carlyle go as a lot of people are blaming him and Nonis has already had to defend him publicly twice, what are potential candidates for the Leafs next coaching position if he did get fired?

Peter Laviolette?
Guy Boucher?
Brent Sutter?
Claude Noel?
Dale Hunter?

I'd personally like to see them give some strong OHL/AHL coaches a chance rather than recycling past NHL coaches. What are your thoughts, if Carlyle is fired who should replace him? Is there anyone out there to replace him?

Source: http://nypost.com/2014/01/11/devils-have-left-their-heratige-and-players-out-in-the-cold/

Though, somewhat but not entirely aside from the point, a well-placed source told Slap Shots the Maple Leafs players had started tuning out Carlyle some time ago, and well before the all-access cameras (not) showed up.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Assuming that we eventually let Carlyle go as a lot of people are blaming him and Nonis has already had to defend him publicly twice, what are potential candidates for the Leafs next coaching position if he did get fired?

Peter Laviolette?
Guy Boucher?
Brent Sutter?

I'd personally like to see them give some strong OHL/AHL coaches a chance rather than recycling past NHL coaches. What are your thoughts, if Carlyle is fired who should replace him? Is there anyone out there to replace him?

You forgot Claude Noel,
But I always liked James Bond villain Guy Boucher. Guy looks crazy. That's what's missing. The Boucher/Clarkson stare would be epic.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I like me some Brent Sutter. His way or the highway and if you don't fall in line 100% you will be off the team. Just what we need to build, a system with complete obedience to the coaching staff which is built on strong fundamental play and responsible defensive play.

Kyle Doobas*

Guy Boucher or Andy Murray would be my picks. Dale Hunter would be a good candidate too, if he's interested in coaching in the NHL again?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I like me some Brent Sutter. His way or the highway and if you don't fall in line 100% you will be off the team. Just what we need to build, a system with complete obedience to the coaching staff which is built on strong fundamental play and responsible defensive play.

isn't sutter like the head honcho of some WHL team? (like owns/coaches/gms?) why would he coach the Leafs?

but! i want a coach like that.

actually. I hope the Blues win a cup, Hitch uses his out and comes here.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
isn't sutter like the head honcho of some WHL team? (like owns/coaches/gms?) why would he coach the Leafs?

but! i want a coach like that.

actually. I hope the Blues win a cup, Hitch uses his out and comes here.

Yea I am not sure that he would either but money talks and for the Leafs that would not be an issue.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
All of these guys are the reason that the 2015-16 Leafs are having another inconsistent, passionless season. Fire them all. None of these idiots understand simple hockey systems like I do. The game has passed them all by.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
What are some other overbearing "my way or the highway" type of coaches are out there? Usually its the *******s who make the best long term coaches since they control with an iron fist and weed out problems on the team.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
What are some other overbearing "my way or the highway" type of coaches are out there? Usually its the *******s who make the best long term coaches since they control with an iron fist and weed out problems on the team.

Wasn't Carlyle believed to be one of those? Now posters are annoyed with him because he doesn't develop the players..

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Mike Keenan. No more softie Mr Nice Guy coaching. if these team is going to collapse and make me miserable then i want them to feel some coaching misery too

number72

Oct 9, 2011
I think a better thread should be "Candidates for Leafs next core?"
The same core got Wilson fired, maybe it's not the coaching, rather the players.

We changed coaches (Wilson and now Carlyle with this core). The coach is not as much as a problem as the core that collapses for any caoch be it wilson's 18 wheeler, the playoffs game 7 or now this collaspe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad