Chicago,Illinois
8D8D2AC4-3AD6-4F83-9427-D1E1AB0757B6.jpeg

Inexcusable should be fired on the spot
FYI joke thread kids

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
strome can be an effective nhl player when put in the right spots, he's been near .6 ppg since the trade over a 2 season sample size

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Colliton didn't make a move without reviewing this board ....Strome's idle time is a manifestation of our nastiness---even if it was well-earned:)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Fire King already?

Even after a win?

And changing practice to get everybody moving faster with more accurate passing instead of too many idle pkayers wasting time watching JC's useless drinks involving only 3 or 4 at the same time?

Simple corrective that shoukd have been done long ago ...you shoukd be seeing more energy and a more fluid attack threat developing under King.

Ok . I get tge joke of starting a fire King thread before he even loses a game in the NHL coaching record......but his jovial approachable attitude exudes more confidence that improvement for this team will hapoen...The arrogant attitude of JC that his genius schemes could turn any team into a success just seemed turn turn off the fun and creativity of the players...

So we will see...but let ' s give King a chance before taking any planks out for him to walk on before diving into oblivion.

Ha...Ha ...thread headline is an in jest hilarity...but give it a rest...at least till we see improvement or not over the next few months.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
I like the vibe that King has brought. Old school approach. Better practice involvement. Honest answers and accountability.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hawks have a skating coach ,and 3 "mental" coaches already on staff...the jibe about Strome not being able to perform at a high level because his skating is so poor and his mental want and focus are not good means Either the skating and the mental coaches on staff (not sure of any or all are full blown sports psychologists or not) are not good enough to get better from Strome...OR that he refuses to take their advice.

If the former ....fire them!If the latter (he cannot apply their advice and help for whatever reasons) then trade or wives hom.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I find this guy really enjoyable to listen to. The Blackhawks Insider podcast did a long interview with him, and he has that cool dad who cracks everyone up vibe.

He seems to like to throw in these little quips while he's telling stories that just make you laugh while still keeping you engaged in the story. He told the story of his kid playing against his team, and he said he told his kid, "better keep your head up."

He reminds me of this coach I had when I played high school football, we all loved him and played our asses off for him even though we were trash.

Obviously we don't know how things are going to play out here, but he strikes me as a unique personality that consistently brings a positive impact. Surround King with a few high quality assistants who know how to build systems and game manage, and I think King's personality alone can bring him and the team some success in this league. Not every successful coach needs to be a tactical genius, sometimes just managing personalities and motivating can make them a success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad