Fire Hedberg

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
As the goalie coach for the NHL, under DeBoer, the responsibility for getting Jones and Dell to perform their best, improve confidence, is Johan's responsibility.

I can't see anyway the organization keeps him around for next season with how dismal this season has been.

I don't see this as a scapegoat issue, PDB might be forced out as well.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I’ve never see. Spicy LS and I love it.

Yes I am on board that the entire staff needs to be purged.

Seriously, LS bringing the heat, not used to that haha.

But yes, if we lose this series in miserable fashion, there had better be a reckoning.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I've thought this for awhile. Fire Hedberg and promote Nabby to the NHL level. If Nabby can do for the Sharks what he's done for the Cuda goalies the past few years then that would be great. It's part of the problem but the bigger part is the way our team defense is structured, if Deboer is to stay then that must be fixed.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
@KirbyDots, I too like what Nabby has done with the Cuda.

However, I don't know if he wants to pressure and travel required of being a NHL (assistant) coach. Now, perhaps he wasn't wiling to make any statement or express any interest with someone else in that position.

(RIcci enjoys his development role as well.)

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Our goalies have only gotten worse each season he's been here. Everyone could see this collapse coming all season, but Dumboer just kept spewing garbage like "blah blah blah, we believe in jones" or "the players have to buy into the system". Can't wait to hear his excuses on Thursday...

Paka Ono

Pro Ice Girl Scout
Jun 29, 2011
SF
I agree and have been saying the same thing. Clean house and fire the entire coaching staff.

Obviously keep the non coaching/equipment/other staff but the rest need to GTFO!

Reactions: Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I agree and have been saying the same thing. Clean house and fire the entire coaching staff.

Obviously keep the non coaching/equipment/other staff but the rest need to GTFO!
No objection to cleaning house. I was wondering if the cleaning needs to extend to the Cuda as well. Somner does not really have the best history of churning NHL players.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goalie coaches have been exiled over much less

I firmly back this

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
No objection to cleaning house. I was wondering if the cleaning needs to extend to the Cuda as well. Somner does not really have the best history of churning NHL players.

But he's outlived McLellan, RW, Raeder, and Suter. (And GM Lombardi)

To date, the organization has (mostly) liked what he's produced.

I'm thinking he'll be allowed to continue on until he wants to retire. (Moe may not understand if they move to Montana.)

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad