Ekberg-Jennersjö-Larsson
Novotny-Sonestedt-Laksonen
Eriksson-Styf-Sundqvist

Sjöström-Wahlund
Lindgren-Annborn
Grahn-Dahlqvist
Färhammar

Härenstam

Speaking about point production, this age group does it better then 06, as no one than Zetterberg had over 20 points in the j18 leauge. Here we have 4 so far

edit, i were wrong about the stats.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

fan1977

Jul 18, 2022
Frondell-Gästrin-Ihs Wozniak
Ekberg-Jennersjö-Larsson
Novotny-Sonestedt-Laksonen
Eriksson-Styf-Sundqvist

Sjöström-Wahlund
Lindgren-Annborn
Grahn-Dahlqvist
Färhammar

Härenstam

Speaking about point production, this age group does it better then 06, as no one than Zetterberg had over 20 points in the j18 leauge. Here we have 4 so far

edit, i were wrong about the stats.
The lines as they looked today

Eriksson-gästrin-ihs Wozniak
Larsson-Ekberg-Kingsell
Novotny-Frondell-Laksonen
Jennersjö-Sonestedt-Styf
Sundqvist

Sjöström-Lindgren
Annborn-grahn
Dahlqvist-Wahlund
Färhammar

Interesting mix

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns lineup

Goalie:
1 Patrik Kerkola
Backup:
30 Kasper Kuusikoski

1:
21 Max Westergård – 16 Jasu Mensonen – 13 Aleksi Kilpeläinen
4 Jesper Kotajärvi – 6 Aaron Paju

2:
19 Jere Somervuori – 17 Eetu Orpana – 12 Atte Joki
2 Alvar Ervasti – 3 Elias Jussila

3:
14 Rasmus Kämäräinen – 20 Benjamin Strömberg – 10 Rasmus Baggström
8 Julius Saari – 9 Ossi Tukio

4:
15 Urho Mattila – 18 Rasmus Pakarinen – 11Jasper Inkinen
5 Emil Vänninen – 7 Veeti Ruotsalainen

great team interested to see Kilpeläinen on first line don't really have positive memory of him from previous games maybe missed something. Also looking forward to see the last pairing Vänninen and Ruotsalainen rest I have good handle on.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Pakarinen with horrible pass gifts Sweden goal 1-0 after first.

Mensonen is total boss and Baggström just such a bulldozer. Saari is damn good and Jussila gonna get in trouble with his over offensive game.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Solid win for the hyped Swedish 07's. Härenstam as usual more or less unstoppable in net and plenty of skill upfront. Compared to the mediocre Swedish 06's, the 07's appear to have greater skill, smarts and play more physical. Maybe not as many speedy skaters though. Think I liked Härenstam and Sjöström the most in this game. Love the fact that he plays as physical, while also being the most skilled defenseman and arguably the best skater on the ice.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Solid win for the hyped Swedish 07's. Härenstam as usual more or less unstoppable in net and plenty of skill upfront. Compared to the mediocre Swedish 06's, the 07's appear to have greater skill, smarts and play more physical. Maybe not as many speedy skaters though. Think I liked Härenstam and Sjöström the most in this game. Love the fact that he plays as physical, while also being the most skilled defenseman and arguably the best skater on the ice.
Which players did you think was physical? I did not see the game

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Swedes did make big hits were notably physical is correct

Nice to see Kämäräinen in first line today wasn't impressed by Kilpeläinen before and even less yesterday

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Westergård is quite the personality, eh?
what do you mean

Eetu Orpana is damn good center. solid twoway guy with some serious skill underneath. with him and Mensonen the top2 centers are really good for this age group. Katavisto missing here would be 3rd guy

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
what do you mean

Eetu Orpana is damn good center. solid twoway guy with some serious skill underneath. with him and Mensonen the top2 centers are really good for this age group. Katavisto missing here would be 3rd guy
Tried to enter a shuffle after the period ended when the refs already had entered, was shoved away, answered by crosschecking the guy who shoved him away.

Anyway, nice goal by Frondell.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns getting battered..... I dont like Kerkola and Kuusikoski for me the top goalie choice would have Sammalniemi

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Are these the best Finnish 07’s or are some expected big names missing? Sweden just looks so much better. Looks kind of like last year, but then it was the Finnish 06’s being a whole lot better than the Swedes.

Last edited:

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Are these the best Finnish 07’s or are some expected big names missing? Sweden just looks so much better. Looks kind of like last year, but then it was the Finnish 06’s being a whole lot better than the Swedes.
sadly yes... really bad tournament by these finns

I would have in my personal best 25 man team Katavisto, Leppälä, Lamponen, Juusola, Björkenheim, Laine, Kostianen and Sammalniemi over Kilpeläinen, Pakarinen, Vänninen, Ruotsalainen and Ervasti

Reactions: Preds666

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Can somebody tell me how that failed pass led to an icing call at 17:30 left in the third? Is there different icing rules here?

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
what the heck... Baggström untied swedish players skate lace in faceoff circle ... and got uncalled for

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
9-2 win for Sweden…
Some pretty goals, but I find blowouts like these fairly boring. Hopefully a closer game tomorrow, but Sweden looks so much better in all areas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad