U17: Finnkampen August 26-28

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Pretty fun three games. Based on what I saw, there is more skill on the Swedish team, better goalies and d on the Finnish team. Thought Otto Stenberg was by far the best player of the bunch, both teams included. Very skilled center with exceptional hands (scored a Michigan/Zorro goal), but even more so impressive hockey sense and first-class playmaking ability. He'll be an underager at the U18 Worlds this year for sure. On the Finnish team I liked Kasper Halttunen. Big body with some skill.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Pretty fun three games. Based on what I saw, there is more skill on the Swedish team, better goalies and d on the Finnish team. Thought Otto Stenberg was by far the best player of the bunch, both teams included. Very skilled center with exceptional hands (scored a Michigan/Zorro goal), but even more so impressive hockey sense and first-class playmaking ability. He'll be an underager at the U18 Worlds this year for sure. On the Finnish team I liked Kasper Halttunen. Big body with some skill.

Any insights on how Noah Dower Nilsson played? He seemed to have scored some very important goals. I've only seen him play in last years TV-pucken and really liked his game breaking skillset back then. Is he still very lanky?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Any insights on how Noah Dower Nilsson played? He seemed to have scored some very important goals. I've only seen him play in last years TV-pucken and really liked his game breaking skillset back then. Is he still very lanky?

Speed, technical skills and shooting ability was impressive. Defensive game and team play not so much. Insanely long shifts. Pretty different type of player than brother Liam, but greater offensive upside I imagine. Still a bit on the lanky side. He has the fundamentals to become a high scoring player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad